Avast blocking files here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's funny how Avast will block some site I've never heard of - while using Chrome or Firefox, then block Scubaboard, and then the browser won't go to Scubaboard...??

Hi Don,

While I appreciate your problem here, it certainly sounds like an issue with Avast. Might I suggest using a different virus scan, and see if that works for you without throwing these errors?

As for me with ScubaBoard, there's little I can or even will do to assist when there is no problem with this site. If there is or was in fact an infection on this site, I'm sure you know that I'd fix it quickly.

Yeah, I'm confident that it's a false positive. Not that I know, I'm rather naive about such, but I trust your oversight more than these warnings. I have to wonder what this redirect block of basseinytit is about, but not concerned - just reporting.

+1 with Dandydon. Not worried, I just try not to go to dr Deco .

+1 with Dandydon. Not worried, I just try not to go to dr Deco .
I don't think there is any risk at all, go ahead to Dr.Deco. In #28 above I offered some help on installing that Extension, etc.

The most irritating aspect is the short time period following when I cannot even get back onto Scubaboard.

This time instead of the snip pic of the alert, I got the details such as offered. Some attempted redirect...??

Capture.jpg

Apparently Avast was right, and everyone else was wrong (including myself).

I apologize for any inconvenience.

As of this morning, an errant piece of coding was hidden in the database and not in the file system. This was responsible for a bad javascript link which included occasional appearance from basseinytit.com

What made this even trickier was that the coding caused the links to appear randomly and was very difficult to pinpoint.

Thank you for your honesty. I solved the problem by telling AVAST that this was a false alarm. Since then, never happened again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom