Avast blocking files here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Dandydone, My mother tongue is french. Therefore I did not understand what bookmarks meant. Obvious, sorry.

When it comes to "alerts" from Avast, it happens everytime I am going on "ask Dr Deco" :-(

Thanks Dandydone, My mother tongue is french. Therefore I did not understand what bookmarks meant. Obvious, sorry.

When it comes to "alerts" from Avast, it happens everytime I am going on "ask Dr Deco" :-(
Your location in your profile, showing on your posts, helps. I just can't help much with cross language explanations, and even what google shows may be different over there? Hope you made that out ok?

I just looked at Dr.Deco forum. No alerts.

Can you see if it happens in this forum as well? Diving Medicine

Thank you Howard. Went to Diving medicine: no problem.
Whent to Ask Dr decompression. Took only 5 to 10 seconds to get an AVAST WArning :-(.

---------- Post added December 18th, 2014 at 10:50 AM ----------

Hi, done what you suggested. Took away bookmark and cache, restarted the PC and reinstalled scubaboard bookmark. Same problem. Infection warning in Dr Deco after 5 seconds :-(

Yes I have chrome and I cannot see the small camera you are mentionning in your post.

I will write what I can read on the AVAST warning. If this deos not help, forget it.

URL: http/www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php I {gzip}
Infection: HTML:script-inf
Processus:C:\Program Files(x86)\Google\Chrom\Application\chromex.exe

thanks

The "Camera" is an extension which takes a full page screenshot.

As I stated earlier gzip is a compression used to make page loads faster. Avast has a history of diagnosing this as a false positive.

I am an olf F................. thanks
From one fumbling old fart to another, let me see if I can help here.
Yes I have chrome and I cannot see the small camera you are mentionning in your post.
The "extension" is a little program that is added to your Chrome browser. Go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl
Then click the Free tab to start adding it.
After you get it added, the camera icon will show up.

Then, when you see that Avast alert, click that icon - and wait. It takes a few seconds, then it will open up the new screen grab pic in a new tab, which you can save to post here. :wink:

Ok, I am getting some hits again. Yesterday, I got this while surfing Scubaboard...

avast.jpg
Tonight I got that, then this...
avast 2.jpg
Additionally, yesterday & today - following those hits, I was unable to access the site at all - altho I could access other sites.

I try to get more info on these hits, but by the time I grab a snip pic, the link to details is gone.

Reactions: RJP
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom