Avast blocking files here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I responded to your post, you did not post any relevant information.

Hi,

Without some useful information, there's nothing I can do here.

Users might find it useful if you described what useful information would be relevant and/or what relevant information would be useful,

Don-

I had Avast do same thing post update last week. Delete your Bookmark, clean cache, and rebook mark. Problem solved. Hope it helps.

Bubs

Users might find it useful if you described what useful information would be relevant and/or what relevant information would be useful,

The following is what anyone who has to do technical support would consider somewhat relevant information:

OS Version
Browser and Version
URL of page where error occurs
Screen Shot of Actual Warning
Diagnostic information from the actual warning.
Version of Avast

Anything more than, "I get a virus warning" would be considered helpful and relevant information.

If you went to the car mechanic and said, "my car makes a funny noise, fix it" what would you expect them to do?

I don't use Avast, I don't get any warnings, I checked our site diagnostics, and find no malware, so what should I do for these reports?? There's not much to go on, even from Don's screen shot of the warning, as it contains no diagnostic information. In Don's case, clicking on the "MORE INFORMATION" button on the warning, and posting a screenshot of that would have helped much more than what was posted.

In addition to the millions of posts on scubaboard, there is content from other sources re-posted on scubaboard, and additionally there are ads from Google and third party ad providers that have the potential for malicious sources. Also, if you have malware already on your computer, it's possible that something on one of the pages triggers a report / warning.

Most of that is beyond my control.

___

Finally, as stated already several times in this thread, the problem is most likely Avast itself... Make sure you have the latest version of the software.

Since several people have stated that updating their definitions and version of the free virus scan software has solved the issue, I'm considering this issue closed. If people have new issues with virus warnings, I would recommend posting a new thread.

While I'm happy to help with issues relating to ScubaBoard itself, there's not much I can do, or will do to solve issues on your computer that are unrelated to ScubaBoard.

Thanks again.

Reactions: RJP
I was unable to get to page 2 of a thread last week, but yesterday no issue at all. Is something in someone's signature a/was a potential problem?

"If you went to the car mechanic and said, "my car makes a funny noise, fix it" what would you expect them to do? "

Well, that's exactly what I said to my mecanic the last time. We went for a ride and after 10 seconds he could trace the problem . Well, that was in Belgium, not in Florida
:(.

Have a great day!

"If you went to the car mechanic and said, "my car makes a funny noise, fix it" what would you expect them to do? "

Well, that's exactly what I said to my mecanic the last time. We went for a ride and after 10 seconds he could trace the problem . Well, that was in Belgium, not in Florida
:(.

Have a great day!

Hi There.

If you'd like me to come to your house and fix your computer, just send me a ticket to come to Belgium, and I'll probably fix your problem in 10 seconds as well. I am also available for technical support via remote desktop sessions for $100 per hour.

Beyond that, as far as free support for ScubaBoard, I can only fix problems that actually exist on the site.

Thanks and have a swell day yourself. :wink:

Again Waring virus.

Somme info: working on Windows 7
Using Google chrome
LAtest version of AVAST antivirus Freeware
Signal from AVAST: Infection bloquéeInfection bloquée
URLhxxp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/494378-how-many-you-really-like-dive-snorkel-your-mask-6.html|{gzip}InfectionHTML:Script-infURLhxxp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/494378-how-many-you-really-like-dive-snorkel-your-mask-6.html|{gzip}InfectionHTML:Script-inf
URLhxxp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/494378-how-many-you-really-like-dive-snorkel-your-mask-6.html|URLhxxp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/494378-how-many-you-really-like-dive-snorkel-your-mask-6.html|{gzip}InfectionHTML:Script-inf{gzip}InfectionHTML:Script-inf

Hope this is more complete this time. Regards

Again Waring virus.

Somme info: working on Windows 7
Using Google chrome
LAtest version of AVAST antivirus Freeware
Signal from AVAST: Infection bloquéeInfection bloquée
URLhxxp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/494378-how-many-you-really-like-dive-snorkel-your-mask-6.html|{gzip}InfectionHTML:Script-infURLhxxp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/494378-how-many-you-really-like-dive-snorkel-your-mask-6.html|{gzip}InfectionHTML:Script-inf
URLhxxp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/494378-how-many-you-really-like-dive-snorkel-your-mask-6.html|URLhxxp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/494378-how-many-you-really-like-dive-snorkel-your-mask-6.html|{gzip}InfectionHTML:Script-inf{gzip}InfectionHTML:Script-inf

Hope this is more complete this time. Regards

I thoroughly scanned all of the files served by scubaboard.com just yesterday. There is absolutely no infection. I searched using grep (a linux based search) for all known ways to exploit PHP files. Additionally, we employ a paid service that scans all of the server files daily for malware, and checks our net reputation. All of these indicate that we are clean.

Here's a scan of the URL you posted : Report for [url]http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/494378-how-many-you-really-like-dive-snorkel-your-mask-6.html - Zscaler Zulu URL Risk Analyzer[/URL] - which also shows no infection.

Additionally you can see another diagnostic here -> http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.scubaboard.com

Your diagnostic information states that the infection is "GZIP" which is a kind of compression used to serve web pages faster. Apparently Avast has a reputation for detecting gzip compression (which is perfectly safe) as malware.

As for ScubaBoard's response, I can't fix what isn't broken. The only problem here is Avast, and not the files that are being served by ScubaBoard.com

My only suggestions are the following:

1) Try a different virus scan - AVG Free works well.
2) Try the suggestion here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/site-support/495597-avast-blocking-files-here-2.html#post7279714

Good Luck.

Don-

I had Avast do same thing post update last week. Delete your Bookmark, clean cache, and rebook mark. Problem solved. Hope it helps.

Bubs

CAn you explain please: where do you find the Bookmark to be deleted and clean cache. I am an olf F................. thanks

CAn you explain please: where do you find the Bookmark to be deleted and clean cache. I am an olf F................. thanks
It's usually best to just ask Google, but here's my answer...

(1) Open your bookmarks, find Scubaboard, right-click it, and select Delete.

(2) If you're using Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en

Explorer: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

(3) Optional: Reboot your computer just to be sure

(4) Find Scubaboard and bookmark it.

Now I did not bother with any of this. I think my Advance System Care cleans my computer and browsers well, but at any rate - I only had the warnings the one day.

Back
Top Bottom