Avanti Quattro's and DGX spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK for anyone who's interested. I ordered some DGX springs for a pair of jets I have so took the opportunity to check them out on all my Mares fins. They will fit the Power Planas and the new Avanti Quattro Plus fins. They will not fit Turbo Planas. The Turbo Planas seem to have the older style mares post with a ridge but the Power Planas and Quattro Plus posts do not have this ridge. As another member posted filing down the ridge would enable the use of the DGX/XS Scuba et al straps. I apologise for any confusion my previous post created, I was basing it on the assumption that all Mares still used the ridged post as found on my Turbo Planas.

---------- Post added February 25th, 2015 at 09:50 PM ----------

Ok, thought I'd better check both pairs of my Turbo Planas, Malaysian version have the ridge but the newer Taiwanese version do not so will accept DGX/XS Scuba buckles straight out of the box. I'm wondering if Mares has done away completely with the ridged posts.

---------- Post added February 25th, 2015 at 10:12 PM ----------

Last correction, I was mistaken the new Avanti Quattro Plus fins I have made in Bulgaria DO have the ridge so the DGX/XS Scuba buckles will not fit without modification i.e filing down the ridges. I've double checked all the other Mares fins I own and previous info re new Turbo Planas and Power Planas holds true. Maybe it's just the fins mares have manufactured in Taiwan?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom