avanti quattro vs. plana avanti quattro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gianster

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the difference between the Mares avanti quattro and plana avanti quattro? I have been diving with apollo biofin for 7 years and want a fin with a little more feel. I want a blade that is light for travel and black in color. I don't like colorful fins yellow, blue etc... What do you think?

Well I had the Plana avanti quattros and had no issues with them, that is until I got to try out the aqua lung slingshots. I find that the slingshots move me along better with less effort.

What is the difference between the Mares avanti quattro and plana avanti quattro? I have been diving with apollo biofin for 7 years and want a fin with a little more feel. I want a blade that is light for travel and black in color. I don't like colorful fins yellow, blue etc... What do you think?

It's the same fin. The full name is "plana avanti quattro"
Mares - just add water
If you want feedback from your fins, you will feel it with these.

I stand corrected. Kern is right. They are two different models, but I can't tell them apart by looking at the photos.

That's why I asked. I can't tell the difference. I'm thinking the Plana is a little less stiff maybe? I can't tell anything by just looking at the pics or the description.

That's why I asked. I can't tell the difference. I'm thinking the Plana is a little less stiff maybe? I can't tell anything by just looking at the pics or the description.

Yes, those 2 pages are pretty pointless for a customer trying to make any desisions. I'd say they've used the same photo in both. I really like their Tech info (click for info on the right of page).

For the plana; Blade Dimensions: length: 38 cm / 14.5 in, thrust area: 780 cm² / 109 in²

For the avanti; Blade Dimensions: Length 38cm / 15in Thrust area 780cm_ /121in_

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom