Auto Drain Retrofit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

benha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Folks,

I've found what I think is a good deal on an diesel powered Rix SA-6. As, it seems, with all engine-powered compressors, the drains are manual. Is there a reason that there aren't generally auto-drains on non-electric compressors? Is it possible to retrofit them?

Thanks,
-Benha

Folks,

I've found what I think is a good deal on an diesel powered Rix SA-6. As, it seems, with all engine-powered compressors, the drains are manual. Is there a reason that there aren't generally auto-drains on non-electric compressors? Is it possible to retrofit them?

Thanks,
-Benha

The solenoids are electrically powered (at least those that I have seen), and most of the small engine powered compressors don't have electricity to power them.

But say I were willing to plug the drain into a 110V outlet...

My boat has an inverter and a generator that clearly could power a drain, but not enough juice to run the compressor.

Back
Top Bottom