Auto Accident - What Insurance Doesn't Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What sign? Why do you get honked for stopping at a red light?

I'm bringing more cab money...! :eek:
That's the 3 way intersection just south of Jeannie's & Mega. Small sign on pole that loosly translated says proceed with caution...yeilding to southbound traffic coming off Quintana Roo (11 Sur) Cipico's post also cleared up some of the parking questions on the red & yellow curbs...but what does the big E with the slash painted in parking spaces mean when the curb is not painted? The more I think about it, the more I feel I need to get our bikes down there:D

Mike

That's the 3 way intersection just south of Jeannie's & Mega. Small sign on pole that loosly translated says proceed with caution...yeilding to southbound traffic coming off Quintana Roo (11 Sur) Cipico's post also cleared up some of the parking questions on the red & yellow curbs...but what does the big E with the slash painted in parking spaces mean when the curb is not painted? The more I think about it, the more I feel I need to get our bikes down there:D

Mike

the e with the slash - still means no parking. no estacionamente.

I wonder how many tourists drive around and don't know the rules of the road in Mexico.
I was driving down to Akumal last year and a tourist almost got creamed turning left on the highway by a big rig. They did not realize to pull to the right and wait for a shot at turning left and let the traffic go by. Scary.
In Manzanillo there are left turning lanes, they are roads on the right side of the thoroughfare with left turning lights. I was grateful to be told about them by the renter.
Margarita at ISIS was very good at telling me all the little nuances of driving on Coz. I know she tells everyone but I'll bet a lot don't remember what she said as soon as they get in their rental and drive away rubber necking every site in town. TOPE, what's a tope, bang o that's a tope.

Just curious, because nobody seems to pay attention to them at night.

Mike
Probly not enforced, unless I park there, then a tow truck will come around the corner as soon as I leave.

Just curious, because nobody seems to pay attention to them at night.

Mike

Rumour has it that a rental vehicle is much more likely to be ticketed or towed from those than a local beater. :)

Rumour has it that a rental vehicle is much more likely to be ticketed or towed from those than a local beater. :)
And if they ticket you, they take the license plate off your car, and you have to go down to the police officer station to pay the fine before they will give it back to you.

And if they ticket you, they take the license plate off your car, and you have to go down to the police officer station to pay the fine before they will give it back to you.

Or, if you rented at the airport, they have your fine waiting for you at the rental shop when you return the car and then you look at the date of the ticket and realize they took your plate off the car on your first day on the island and you've been driving around for 7 days with no plate. :idk: (not that, that has ever happened to me or anything....)

Had that happen to me on a moped a few years back. The guy told me if I go and pay the ticket it's one price, and if he goes it's a lot cheaper. He took care of it. I was really surprised when the helmet law went into effect. Still three and four people on a scooter, toddlers included.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom