Austin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other than artificial quarry-type things, I meant... No-place with real wrecks, or real fish?

Not to sound like a smart ass but you do know that Austin is landlocked right. No, there are certainly no wrecks near Austin other than along the coast. The best of which is down at South Padre Island - Texas Clipper. It is a really fun dive to make. To see 'real' fish the best is the Flower Gardens which is 110 miles off the Texas Coast.

Other than artificial quarry-type things, I meant... No-place with real wrecks, or real fish?

Lake Travis has a good bit to offer divers....from shore wall dives to pontoon boat charter.....to sunken boats/eqpt./trees/old dive park/islands/a dam.....and fish.

There is always the Texas Gulf of Mexico for charter diving of several sites including wreck/artificial reef/ship and oil-gas rigs. Course this time of the year is very iffy in terms of mother nature.

Not to sound like a smart ass but you do know that Austin is landlocked right.

Not to sound like a yankee, but I have no idea if Austin is landlocked, or where it is, except that its someplace very far away, if indeed it is a real place at all.

Not to sound like a yankee, but I have no idea if Austin is landlocked, or where it is, except that its someplace very far away, if indeed it is a real place at all.

Try this link to see where Austin is...Austin, TX - Google Maps. Welcome to the 21st Century. :wink:

So is it far from that Gulf of Mexico thing? I assume there's some kind of diving there...

In all events, I remain unconvinced that the place exists, but I suppose I will have to suspend disbelief if I visit my friend.

Not to sound like a smart ass but you do know that Austin is landlocked right. No, there are certainly no wrecks near Austin other than along the coast. The best of which is down at South Padre Island - Texas Clipper. It is a really fun dive to make. To see 'real' fish the best is the Flower Gardens which is 110 miles off the Texas Coast.

What do you mean no real wrecks? I've seen plenty of sunken sailboats ran into the dam by our fellow Austinites with more money than sense. There's lots of fish in Lake Travis too...several different species of catfish, perch and bass, Tilipia, etc. Of course, the cold, dark depths of Travis might be a little spooky for an ocean diver. Then again Halloween is right around the corner, so what could be more appropriate? BOO! :D

Just a short 5 or 6 hour drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom