Austin area scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apachemd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A few buddies and I are scuba newbies and will be in the Austin/San Antonio area for a conference in June. Any decent beginner dive sites in the area?

Lots of places to dive. There's shore diving (Windy Point Park, Mansfield Dam, etc.) and a dive charter on Lake Travis (Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba) or Canyon Lake for some lake diving. You could do drift diving on the San Marcos River or Comal River. For blue water you could head down to Corpus Christi/Port Aransas and do some rig diving.

I think your best shot will be with Robert and Lake Travis Scuba. He runs a great operation. Robert works as an instructor at Scubaland in Austin and might be able to get your rental gear if you ask nicely.

Great suggestions! We recently did a dive in Key Largo, FL which was quite good -- 40 feet visibility, lots of great plants and animals to see blue water. How does Lake Travis compare?

:D

You might see your hand on a good day.

It's not quite that bad, I've seen my wrist on occasion.

I was able to find it with both hands the last time I was there.

Back
Top Bottom