Aurora Res Sept. 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dimitri and I are planning on diving Aurora Res on Labor day, August 2nd (Sat).

If we have a few more people that are interested in joining us, we will make it a BBQ, RockyMtnOysters event.

I just got a Drysuit, so this will be my first time diving that! This maybe an event not to be missed, me floating upsidedown with bubbles at both ankles!!

It is Rumored that the marker is now actually positioned above the plane. While we have found the plane on most dives, this will make finding the plane a no brainer and we can spend less time surfacing/regrouping and looking for the plane IF the Rumor is true.

We have not really planned anything other than the date, so this will be a morning dive, and we will likely do two dives. Time will be announced, but likely 8:30.

If you are interested, post. I can easily get two 30 minute dives out of a tank, and have two tanks. Dimitri also has two tanks. If Ray joins us he has four tanks, so if people without tanks need air, there is a possibility that we can supply it for the cost of the fills.

Come join us!! If we can dive Auoroa after returning from Coz (Dimitri) and FL (myself) it can't be all bad!! Or at least keep telling yourself that, and we will have fun! :D

RonFrank:
Aurora Res Sept. 2nd
Dimitri and I are planning on diving Aurora Res on Labor day, August 2nd (Sat).
Hi,
I was checking my calendar and it differs from yours. In mine, neither Sept. 2nd nor August 2nd are on a Saturday. Do you perhaps mean Saturday, September 3rd? Or perhaps Labor Day on Monday the 5th? or . . . ?
thanks,

knotical:
Hi,
Do you perhaps mean Saturday, September 3rd? Or perhaps Labor Day on Monday the 5th? or . . . ?
thanks,

Yeah, I think Ron is on a different calandar :D We are planning on Saturday the 3rd. We haven't decided on a time yet but it will most likely be sometime around 9-10am.

I have not heard anything on going to Blue Mesa, so I will most likely go to Aurora. I will keep you posted.

Dimitrik,
Your name got called for an hourly drawing at A-1. That was for a Henderson scratch guard. And you got called for the big drawing at the end of the day for a case. I forget the name, it was well padded on the inside and indestructible on the outside. I believe it was for photographic equipment (or anything fragile). Sorry you had to leave early. Frustrating to hear your name called twice and not once for me.

Wow, I'm actually in town and available to dive this weekend, sweet. As we approach friday does someone want to post the dive plan so I know how many tanks to pick up.

iowasnowboarder:
Wow, I'm actually in town and available to dive this weekend, sweet. As we approach friday does someone want to post the dive plan so I know how many tanks to pick up.

We generally do two dives, 30-45 each. We will meet in the morning, but we have not determined the exact time.

We will do a dive on the plane, and a second just booking around chasing crawdads, and seeing what we can see (which is generally not a lot).

Depending upon your air consumption, you will need 1 or 2 tanks. If you have no issue getting 1hour plus out of a tank at 30', then 1 tank is enough. If you are more of an air hog, than you may want to get two tanks.

ddavies:
Dimitrik,
Your name got called for an hourly drawing at A-1. That was for a Henderson scratch guard. And you got called for the big drawing at the end of the day for a case. I forget the name, it was well padded on the inside and indestructible on the outside. I believe it was for photographic equipment (or anything fragile). Sorry you had to leave early. Frustrating to hear your name called twice and not once for me.

Bummer I missed the prizes. It could have been an even bigger bummer I guess. My name could have been called out for the trip instead. Oh well, my would would have killed me had I come home without the trip after spending that much time at a dive shop :11:

Right now the only people I KNOW will be there are Dimitri, and myself.

However it sounds as if we have IowaSnowBear, and Dan as definate maybe's :D

We will meet in the parking lot at 9:30. If someone plans on getting there eariler and wants to pick up a plackard, than post such. If not, when we hookup, one of us will drive up to get the plackard.

L8R,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom