August 2023 trip report and many, many pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
pipehorse3.jpg

Enjoyed your post and ALL the terrific images you captured! I always look forward to your trip reports. Your photography skills are outstanding and I appreciate you for all the time it takes to label each one with the species so I can continue to learn!!! THANK YOU for sharing the underwater beauty I miss terribly!!!!!

Your pics are outstanding!
Especially liked the juvi frogfish and the pikeblenny
And the cowfish in the sponge
and the batfish!

Thanks so much for sharing all of these amazing pictures. I enjoyed them with my morning coffee. You got some excellent shots of some very tiny creatures! Makes me excited to get back to Cozumel soon.

Very enjoyable and excellent photos. Thank you for sharing.
I liked the sand diver and the octopus shots. Glad you had a nice trip and congratulations to the newly married couple!

Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing!

That's quite the animal life!

You've been diving Cozumel for what, the last 20 years? Has the fauna/flora changed in that time? Any major changes in coral health that you've noticed?

I'd go through all of your cozumel albums myself, but the trouble with "highlight" photos is that you don't really see what the rest of the reef looks like. So, what's your impression over the last 20 years?

That's quite the animal life!

You've been diving Cozumel for what, the last 20 years? Has the fauna/flora changed in that time? Any major changes in coral health that you've noticed?

I'd go through all of your cozumel albums myself, but the trouble with "highlight" photos is that you don't really see what the rest of the reef looks like. So, what's your impression over the last 20 years?
The large black groupers have all but disappeared in recent years. I suspect the invasive lionfish may be to blame for eating the fry. The last two years, we have seen fewer turtles than in the past; I have not explanation. Other than that, the reefs are healthy and there are lots of fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom