Attn: Early Adopters! How's your MIFLEX holding up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have about 200 dives on my Miflex hoses at this point, most of which are wreck penetration dives. Doubles rig, stage bottles, deco bottles - all hoses are still in perfect condition. (You can read my Miflex mini-review here: Miflex Hoses at www.DiveSeekers.com)

I do have a Miflex HP hose...but the jury is still out on that one. All the benefits that make Miflex great for an LP hose (thinner, more supple, slicker, flexible, etc) seem to actually make for a sub-optimal HP hose. If you don't clip off your gauge/console it will flop all over the place - even when pressurized - allowing it to damage environment, making it hard to find, and even creating more of an entanglement hazard. If you clip off gauge/console the hose can still get caught up in itself, other stuff, etc. It's so thin that with gloves on it's hard to distinguish the hose by feel from a d-ring, cord from a stage rigging kit, a clipped off goodie bag, etc. I've actually mistakenly clipped stage/deco bottles to the HP Miflex hose - its that thin that I couldn't feel difference vs d-ring and the snap on the stage rigging easily clipped on to it. (You can imagine the Charlie Foxtrot that would ensue doing a gas switch if you were clipped off thusly!)

For my HP hose I like standard rubber HP hose that "stands proud" when pressurized - easier to clip-off/un-clip, if not clipped it still sort of stays in one place/direction, etc.

I like the HP Miflex for my console with a retractor. I found it more comfortable to get one size longer than the old hose.

Adam

...I can say from personal experience that having an AI computer with a back up SPG IS pretty slick...... I can't imagine getting in the water without at least (2) sources of gas pressure. )

I'll assume you are doing deep multi-gas technical dives... because carrying 2 SPG's while rec diving is like diving with a spare set of fins.... why?

unless you are going tech.... then why would you want to increase your points of failure?

I'll assume you are doing deep multi-gas technical dives... because carrying 2 SPG's while rec diving is like diving with a spare set of fins.... why?

unless you are going tech.... then why would you want to increase your points of failure?

....nope, one using ONE SPG per complete reg set.......plus either (1) or (2) AI computers...depending.

...tech' guys use an SPG and multiple computers all the time.....there's no law saying I can't do the same, is there ? ....and we've got the same number of failure points too, don't we ?

.......and when you all up .... ALL ......the O-rings scattered throughout ...ALL...one's dive gear....does the failure point risk increase dramatically if I upped from say, 27 to say, 28 O-rings ?

you LDS must love you :D

but now you've doubled the HP o-rings....

another SPG & hose will add 3 o-rings... and if failure rates are so low, why do you need another one?

...so OK, the LP MIFLEX hoses have been out a couple of years now, and the HP ones have been out for a bit anyway.......anyone having/had any long tern 'issues' with these hoses to date? (over this winter I've converted 6 reg sets over to LP MIFLEX...no HP yet.....so I'm wondering how they are lasting/wearing as the miles pile up?

We are just using Miflex for our primary regulator hoses (so far) , but after a year there are no signs of wear.

I like them so much I'll probably switch out the secondary (octo) hoses as well.

Two thumbs up from me. :thumb: :thumb:

Best wishes.

No issues with my Miflex hoses but as RJP said, the jury's still out on the high pressure one and for the same reasons. I'm having trouble making the adjustment to such a thin hose. Still, the benefits outweigh the detriments so I'm probably going to stick with it.

Unless I don't. :D

Back
Top Bottom