Attention manufacturers: This is what a dive computer should be like in 2009!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Uemis
like I said earlier the only reason I don´t have one yet is the lack of a gauge mode, on a mail someone from your staff sent me the reason given to that was liability issues, why don´t you do like most of your competitors do and block the computer on gauge for the next 24 or 48h after it was used on that mode to avoid those problems?

Hi all

I'm the CTO of Uemis AG, the manufacturer of the uemis ZURICH. We are a new manufacturer for dive computers, but our staff has experience with dive computers for up to 22 years. We are selling the unit since may 2009, up to now we have some dealers in Europe. In other areas we are building up our partners. We have an e-shop for those divers that have no dealer nerby.

I'm pleased to answer questions about our SDA. But first, please look at our internet site and the FAQ's there. Sorry, if the translation to english is not always perfect!

Thanks for joining and writing here!

One thing that I'd definitely like to see are more photos of the actual product. The video is nice, but it doesn't really show too many close up shots. Can you post more photos?

Hi,
we are checking this. May be we will include a gauge mode later in one of the free updates.

There are many pictures on our web site uemis.com (product pages). Anything that could be of special interest for you?

There are many pictures on our web site uemis.com (product pages). Anything that could be of special interest for you?

Uemis, thanks for taking the time to post, and welcome to scubaboard.

I find your product to be attractive and very profession looking - much more so than many of the tec computers that cost around the same.

How well it will survive actual diving is another story, and finding that out takes having product out in the marketplace.

Would sure be nice to have a USA seller of the product.. any plans for that?

Hi,
we are checking this. May be we will include a gauge mode later in one of the free updates.

A plain OLED bottom timer/depth gauge would be great, that's what I'd wait for.

As for updates, I've heard some people buy an X1 + VPM just to use the thing in gauge mode. If the Uemis gets a gauge mode, I'd suggest that it maintain datalogging and also stays persistent (i.e., doesn't reset to computer mode between dives, power cycles, etc.).

Good looking computer.

So are wireless/AI computers being more accepted by the mainstream?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom