Attention manufacturers: This is what a dive computer should be like in 2009!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasnt going to fess up to this fact, but....

I have ordered one of these Uemis computers from their website and I guess I will be their first US customer. So far I have had excellent communications with Ernie (SB board name Uemis) who informed me today that it is on the way. I picked the fastest shipping option as I plan on using it during our upcoming trip to Curacao in two weeks. I hope to have a chance to dive with it locally before that, so I'll post up my impressions (purely recreational with Air or Nitrox) as soon as possible.
Typically I am a sucker for new technology, but this purchase was mainly motivated by my experience two weeks ago of diving to 100' under an overhang and being unable to read my Vytec DS,via either the backlight (worthless) or a dive light (too much glare off the face shield). The X1 does not have AI which I have developed a fondness for, so the Uemis was a very attractive, albeit expensive, option.

Pics Pics we want Pics!!! And a thorough review please.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom