Attention D6i owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EODiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I recently suffered a loss, my Oceanic VTPro was lost in Cozumel. Which brings me here to ask your help.

My wife said that I should replace it for my birthday, and my LDS will make me a screaming deal on a D6i with transmitter ( don't ask, because I can't say how much, you know that whole sworn to secrecy thing).

Therein lies the rub, I'm not very familiar with Suunto, and I need to know if the pressure reading ( from tmt) will still show while in Gauge mode. Some of my profiles at work will bend even a Pelagic brand computer, and I don't want to lock up the D6 for 48 hrs when I know what/ why I did what I did. I do use a SPG also, just that I find it convenient to have my pressure on my computer.

i would appreciate any help with this as the LDS doesn't know and the vast wisdom of Scubaboard surely has the answer.

Please don't counsel me on my style of diving, but positive comments are graciously accepted.

Transmitter reading shows on Gauge Mode... BUT if you go underwater in gauge mode, then you are stuck in gauge mode for 48 hrs anyway.
I would rather consider technical computer alternatives like Shearwater or Heinrich Weikamp

Thanks for the reply, I don't have any issues with being in gauge mode, as sometimes that's exactly what I need.

For the OP FWIW incase you were looking at the d4i is does not have a gauge/freedive mode. But as noted above the d6i does have gauge mode and works with the transmitter.

Long story I recently replaced a Suunto with a Shearwater and used my SPG. But the one one thing I liked was knowing the cylinder pressure when looking at the depth. So I while sold the computer I almost kept the transmitter so I could pair with the D4i/D6i and specifically use it in gauge mode as my back up. The D4i would do the pressure but not gauge mode and D6i was more than I wanted. So long story short sold computer and transmitter and use my Shearwater with a Suunto D3 for backup.

Back
Top Bottom