Attend Dema? We Have A Request For You!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under the safety category, I really liked the Diver Alert Plus. It has both a surface horn and an underwater hammer. Not due out until spring, but this is a great safety advice.

DSC01667.jpg

Scuba_Jenny:
I thought that flip fin was very cool. Don't know the booth, or have lititature on it, saw it as the guy was walking around.. with fins on!

Looked like a toy to me, plus the edge of the fin had a line trap in it. the manufacurer had no idea what a line trap was and also had never heard of spring heel straps... They don't appear to have researched the market very well.....Maybe it will become poplular for the tourist diver?

Johnoly:
Under the safety category, I really liked the Diver Alert Plus. It has both a surface horn and an underwater hammer. Not due out until spring, but this is a great safety advice.]

I agree that this appears to be a very cool product. If I normally dived with a buddy I would definitely look into buying that product.

dumpsterDiver:
Looked like a toy to me, plus the edge of the fin had a line trap in it. the manufacurer had no idea what a line trap was and also had never heard of spring heel straps... They don't appear to have researched the market very well.....Maybe it will become poplular for the tourist diver?
makes two of us. I have no idea what a line trap is either. From what we were told, is they originally were made for the military, and are going into the consumer market. We mentioned the spring straps, and from what I recall will be available on the next prototype which will have removable blades depending on your needs-splits, freediving and a jet type.
/hijack

The Dive Rite Hurricane regulator looked very nice. Completely sealed first stage, metal purge cover on the second stage with spring purge button. Jordan said it was a great performer. We will have them in a couple of days and I can't wait to get them on the flow bench to see how the act. Will let you all know.

The XS Scuba/Worthington steel 77 was also pretty nice. For the first time in years, a steel cylinder that is price competitive with aluminum 80CF cylinders. This type of cylinder may drive a mass return to steel in rental fleets and among entry level recreational divers.

The Henderson Thermoprene wetsuit was also very interesting. It is a stretch material, though not quite as stretchy as Hyperstretch. Henderson says doffing and donning the suit will be every bit as easy as Hyperstretch and the tight fit characteristic of Hyperstretch will still be there. It does have the advantage of having durability and wear characteristics much more like traditional neoprene suits (will not pick or pile). This suit may well be the correct compromise between the super stretchy and the standard neoprenes. In addition, the price will be MUCH lower. As always, Henderson seems to deliver new products that improve on their existing designs. We will have a couple of hundred of the suits here by weeks end. We have an IMMEDIATE pool test planned.

Thanks,

Phil Ellis

Chris, I wish you success in your new SB position.

Our newest product is really hard to pigeonhole...

Finally a BC for Freedivers! Introducing the "Ascent" BC Belt, by Zeagle Systems.

See www.floridaskindiver.com for information, photos and video.

The new Spearfishing Magazine has a 2 page article and will be mailed any day. www.spearfishingmagazine.com

Here's a link to a Deeper Blue article as well. http://www.deeperblue.net/newsfull.php/1424

Finally, here is a column from the St Petersburg Times about the new products at DEMA. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes...esc=Captain's+Corner+Series:+CAPTAIN'S+CORNER

Chad

Chad Carney:
Chris, I wish you success in your new SB position.

Our newest product is really hard to pigeonhole...

Finally a BC for Freedivers! Introducing the "Ascent" BC Belt, by Zeagle Systems.

See www.floridaskindiver.com for information, photos and video.

The new Spearfishing Magazine has a 2 page article and will be mailed any day. www.spearfishingmagazine.com

Here's a link to a Deeper Blue article as well. http://www.deeperblue.net/newsfull.php/1424

Finally, here is a column from the St Petersburg Times about the new products at DEMA. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes...esc=Captain's+Corner+Series:+CAPTAIN'S+CORNER

Chad

Thanks Chad! I looked at it and REALLY like the product.

PhilEllis:
The Dive Rite Hurricane regulator looked very nice. Completely sealed first stage, metal purge cover on the second stage with spring purge button. Jordan said it was a great performer. We will have them in a couple of days and I can't wait to get them on the flow bench to see how the act. Will let you all know.

The are featured on diveriteexpress.com.

I have some of the RG2500 units and have been happy with them, but I like the idea of a metal purge cover because I've heard that metal parts can make second stages moister to breathe in a good way, and I also like the non-swivel design for doubles. For deco bottles the swivel turret is good, but otherwise it's unnecessary imo and weakens the design.

Back
Top Bottom