Attend Dema? We Have A Request For You!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
As you looked around DEMA I'm sure like all of us there were some products that simply stood out in your mind.

SCUBABOARD will be recognizing new products that were introduced at DEMA that simply stand out as the best in their category and we need your help.

Categories so far are

Mask
FIN
Snorkel
Computer
BCD
Wetsuit
Drysuit
Tank

Feel free to mention any product that doesn't fit into my quick list above as well!

Best,

Chris

The Poseidon Besea as well as the slate that scrolls through like 8ft of paper was awesome. I used the slate this weekend and it made things much easier for communication.

I liked looking at the new RB's. Shame Oceanic's was not there. I asked someone in the Oceanic booth where the RB was. Their reply was "it's coming" and promptly turned around and walked off.
Shearwater computers. Delta P's new RB kit.

mike_s:
so why were the other posts on this thread asking why you were interested in this deleted?
Because I was stupid and wrong for calling him on it. It's been explained to my satisfaction and so the post was removed.

Cerich is the newest Scubaboard Staff Member.

Sorry for the confusion.

sjspeck:
Because I was stupid and wrong for calling him on it. It's been explained to my satisfaction and so the post was removed.

Cerich is the newest Scubaboard Staff Member.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hi folks,

Yes, I am now a SB staff member doing Advertising and Marketing. I left Oceanic two weeks ago and joined the SB staff.

What I have no desire to be is however a mod (SB already has lots of good mods!:D )

Lets keep this thread on subject so we can ID some great new products then write up each one and have the SB members vote on the best! (then I don't have to "mod" the off subject stuff)

The new Mares Duo silicone mask, the XS Scuba/Worthington LP steel 77, Oceanic HUD mask, among others really stand out in my mind. I'm sure others have some stand out products in mind as well.

Best,

Chris

cerich:
Categories so far are

Mask
FIN
Snorkel
Computer
BCD
Wetsuit
Drysuit
Tank

Feel free to mention any product that doesn't fit into my quick list above as well!

I noticed regulators weren't on the above list. Surely there are some new regulators worth mentioning?

I would also like to see what the best new acessory items were.

Edit:
SCUBABOARD will be recognizing new products that were introduced at DEMA that simply stand out as the best in their category and we need your help.

You know.... this is a pretty darn good idea. Where else but on Scubaboard can you get so a list of cool new products that stand out that we don't have to worry about being influenced by how many full page magazine ad's the manufacturer has bought in the last year. I think this will really benefit the dive community and board readers.

Here are few items that caught my eye - I went to specific booths to see specific items or to see what was in the pipeline:

Atomic - new Stainless Steel reg. marketing it to be between the B2/M1 and the T2. So one can pick their favorite metal to dive. Personally I'll stick with my Z2s and perhap pick up an M1 at some point. (No plans to update the M1 for a while).

Suunto - new Cobra2 and Vyper2. Both now have an integrated compass, can switch to another gas, do 100% or 50% RGBM, and do deep stops. Available in Feb. 07. The display using a matrix format like the D6/D9 which is not as nice as the current displays. The Vytec will probably follow suit in late 07. Allowing to switch between the 50% and 100% will certainly silence those who complain about the perceived conservativeness.(NOte: I was told by the Suunto rep at DEMA that they could switch models but this is not listed on Suunto's spec sheet.)

My take on this is that the gas switching is probably not needed on the Cobra as those going more the tech route would have their computer on their wrist and the line between the Vyper and the Vytec is not much of a line. If the Vyper2 could do three gasses the only difference would be the wireless transmitter. So it would be interesting to see the Vytec2 next year.

The other that will be interesting is those tech divers who dive with a compass on one wrist and a computer on the other and what they will do.

Mask: The Oceanic HUD mask was pretty cool. Although not brand new, I also saw the Atomic Subframe and Frameless for the 1st time and liked both of them.
Fin: Again not brand new, but the Deep Outdoors Six Gill was intriguing. I'm not a split fin fan, but there was also a new Scubapro Twin Jet Max on display at the Florida Keys Giveaway.
Snorkel: I can honestly say I didn't look at a single snorkel.
Computer: The new Suunto Cobra 2 and Vyper 2 with the improved screen, gas switching and built in compass (a la D9) were interesting.
BCD: The new super durable Oxycheq wings were way cool! Also seeing Tobin's wings for the first time was nice, too.
Wetsuit: Hmmm. Didn't really see anything new.
Drysuit: Bare's slight redesign of the Trilam ATR Tech with new tougher upper
Tank: The new Faber FX high pressure steel tank for rebreathers. 45cf??? Also the XS Scuba Steel 77.
Reg: The new Apeks with the electronic medium pressure check display was interesting.

wetsuit- fourth dimension neutral bouyancy suit, hidden by rebreathers...

Accessories: I also liked the scrolling slate and plan on getting one. Also the signalling device that vibrated and lit up was interesting but expensive.

I have to dig through all the literature I brought home to remember the other stuff that was really cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom