Attaching the crotch strap to the strappy side of the waist belt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't say I agree with ya there since opinion in this forum seems to be divided on it (which is, after all, the benefit of a forum :wink: ).

I'm currently trying the method described by dumpsterDiver - I'll keep you posted to how I get on ...

Try mounting your waist belt buckle upside down and centered under the crotch strap loop. Now you have left-pull and right-pull. Your weight belt is exactly as it is supposed to be. Can't mistake one for the other, could be embarrassing if all you want to do is snug up your waist belt.

That is how I run a crotch strap (when i use one). I have a fastex pinch clip AND I would always run the loop on the belt side - not over the buckle. to do otherwise just seems ridiculous to me- expecially if I want to get out of the rig fast. I was surprised to learn that the standard way is to loop past the buckle.

I've been working these suggestions for maybe the last 20 dives - I like it because it creates another way out in an emergency. Unfortunately over the years I seem to have developed an automated habit of undoing the fastex pinch clip and also my waist strap on the way back to the van (bit more comfy for walking and it makes life a little quicker when you're de-kitting 'try divers' and the like). I kept dropping the (now 'unclipped') end of the crotch strap as a result.
Also, following a dozen or so trials of ditching weight belts this way (by myself and buddies) I'm finding that the weight belt buckle is usually blocked by the crotch strap unless the fastex clip is undone first. It's 'workable', but in the end proved more complicated to get the end of the crotch strap off the waist belt before ditching the weight belt.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom