attaching spare lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal:
Is see no problem in stowing backup light again with dry gloves when inner tube is used. Drilling holes in harness doesn't seem like optimal solution.
I find it nearly impossible with thick undergarments and dry gloves on to restow the light when the innertube slides all the way down the harness under your arms. Burning two holes in the harness causes no problems at all and there is no fraying or weakness in the webbing at all. I've used this method for three years and it's never been a problem.

GP:
I find it nearly impossible with thick undergarments and dry gloves on to restow the light when the innertube slides all the way down the harness under your arms.
I don't understand how the innertube can slide. When you deploy the light it's still tight around harness and it can't slide, at least if it's of proper size.

BTW How do you restow deco/stage tank regulator with dry gloves on?

MonkSeal:
I don't understand how the innertube can slide. When you deploy the light it's still tight around harness and it can't slide, at least if it's of proper size.

BTW How do you restow deco/stage tank regulator with dry gloves on?
Then the innertubes that came stock on the Halcyon harness must not have been properly sized. The stage or deco tank does not have the same mobility issue as it's out in front, is a way bigger surface, and is a much easier to get to. Hey, if the innertube method works for you great, obviously lots of people use that method. I'm not trying to get in a pissing match with you. For me when I used the innertube method it slid all the way down to the backplate on a few occasions. In 400G undergarments, drysuit, and with smurf gloves on it was very difficult to find and reach that little rubberband when it was down that far. I could get it eventually but it was a complete waste of energy and time screwing around with it. The bungees are much easier and the loop holds it's shape making restowing the light easier for me.

GP:
Then the innertubes that came stock on the Halcyon harness must not have been properly sized.
I agree :)

GP:
The stage or deco tank does not have the same mobility issue as it's out in front, is a way bigger surface, and is a much easier to get to.
You're right.

GP:
In 400G undergarments, drysuit, and with smurf gloves on it was very difficult to find and reach that little rubberband when it was down that far. I could get it eventually but it was a complete waste of energy and time screwing around with it. The bungees are much easier and the loop holds it's shape making restowing the light easier for me.
You're probably right. I dive in little warmer water with thiner undergarments and I can't properly judge your conditions.

MonkSeal:
After melting free ends of cave line put a drop of super glue into the knot. It will never come off.

Well, I dont use the glue, but yes it did come off. Yes with ends melted.
The retied versions have not come off, which might mean that it wasn't melted enough.
It's the only knot that's come loose in about 200 dives, but it did happen.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom