Attaching hoses to First Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

embimp

Reaction score
I am a novice and have just purchased our first equipment. The first stage has 6 ports. One with 3 stars, 2 with "HP" and 3 that are unmarked. Where do I attach my second stage, Alternate octopus, low-pressure inflator, and instruments?

Thanks!

Assemble your your bcd, 1st stage and tank but dont turn it on.

HP port is for pressure guage

The ports with the *** is probably the low pressure port with special feature ( on my mares its marked with DFC ) and its intended for use as your 2nd stage. The three other ports are low pressure ports for octopus, low pressure inflator and dry suit inflator.

For the HP port and * port use it as I mentioned it above. For the octopus and LP inflator, with the gear assembled picture how the houses will route and pick the most logical ports.

But as a novice, perhaps your shop should be doing this for you? Or is this some kind of online purchase?

You'd have to try pretty hard to plug a HP hose into a LP opening or vicevera, they're different sizes.

The *** port is most likely designed for use with the primary second stage. As the previous poster stated, it largely about picking ports that work with the hose routing.

The thing you should watch, especially if you bought online is that all of the appropriate O-Rings and the HP spool is present. When I bought my SPG online it came with a hose, but without a HP spool.

It's pretty simple, but if you have never done this before I would sugest that you get an experienced diver to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom