Attaching 2nd Stage to Magnehelic guage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiver07866

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Might be a dumb question, but I can't see how this thing works.
in the scubatools website...p-591-mouthpiece-adapter-assembly-acetal
SKU: 26-300-400

Is there a hole in the back the attachment so you can put your mouth up to it and take a breath to see the cracking pressure on the guage?

I would assume there has to be.. but by looking at the photo.. i don't see one..

thanks for the help
Rich

Might be a dumb question, but I can't see how this thing works.
SKU: 26-300-400

Is there a hole in the back the attachment so you can put your mouth up to it and take a breath to see the cracking pressure on the guage?

I would assume there has to be.. but by looking at the photo.. i don't see one..

26-300-400.jpg

I'd say there's probably an opening on either end of the white adapter tube. The mouth end is probably rounded for comfort.

Looks like a perfect candidate for a DIY project. :D

HTH.

Dave C

Last edited:
I have DIYed these in 2 different ways.
Method 1: I took an old mouthpiece and drilled a hole in it just large enough to press fit an 1/8 or 3/16 tubing splice- which ever fits your mag's hose. The mag hose (I use a manometer) slips onto the splice. This particular one is a 1/4 splice because I used 1/4 tubing on my first manometer but I have since built another manometer with 3/16 tubing.

Method 2: I took a 2" piece of 1" plastic tubing and drilled a hole in it, installed a 1/8 (3/16) tubing splice and connected the mag hose. It looks similar to the mouthpiece one except it's a length of clear tubing. I don't have a photo of it handy but I think you get the idea.

Attachments

• P1291219.JPG
    P1291219.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 482
To answer your question, yes there is a bored hole and it is rounded off which, represents the end you put into your mouth. Then the rubber band material goes over the housing in place of the mouthpiece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom