Attached Boots DUI TLS, causing floatiness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mainedvr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a DUI TLS350 that has attached boots, I like it and like the boots attached one less thing to loose or forget. But during the time I have had it I notice at times my feet feel floating and I am certain this is why. I have been using fin keepers on the boots to help but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so how have you dealt with it. Again its not a major issue and I manage the bubble fine just curious.

By "fin keepers" do you mean these

41gEGtltbAL._SY450_.jpg

or the ones that come with the suit?

By "fin keepers" do you mean these

View attachment 477749

or the ones that come with the suit?

Yeah the ones in the attachment, I bought the suit used so not sure what came with it. Again its not a major issue only if I go feet up to take a picture or look into a hard to get to crevice but even then I can easily manage it. But will have to look to see what would have come with the suit.

The fin keepers prevent the boot from slipping off your feet, but they will not help much with a floaty feet problem. The fin keepers will help with that feeling of the boot slipping off your foot.

How much room do you have left in the boot? Also, how much material do you have left in your calves? If you have a lot of loose material, this may also aggregate your problem. Would you have access to gaiters to see if they may help? My size Small TLS350 had a lot of extra material and the gaiters helped quite a bit. Bought an XSmall, which fits perfect and I do not need the gaiters or the fin keepers but I like the firm attachment that the fin keepers provide.

O.

The fin keepers prevent the boot from slipping off your feet, but they will not help much with a floaty feet problem. The fin keepers will help with that feeling of the boot slipping off your foot.

How much room do you have left in the boot? Also, how much material do you have left in your calves? If you have a lot of loose material, this may also aggregate your problem. Would you have access to gaiters to see if they may help? My size Small TLS350 had a lot of extra material and the gaiters helped quite a bit. Bought an XSmall, which fits perfect and I do not need the gaiters or the fin keepers but I like the firm attachment that the fin keepers provide.

O.
I will look into it thanks

I use fin-keepers with 2 pairs of extra thick wool socks which fill the boots almost completely. I used to run the ankle straps through the fin-keepers to keep them on until I realized they weren't doing anything (after one strap fell off boot).

Back
Top Bottom