Attach a lift bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silverfish88

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Being a new tech diver, I tried for the first time today to raise up an anchor using a lift bag. I got it moving off of the bottom, but I was wondering, is there a RIGHT way to secure a lift bag to a reel and cargo? My current setup is a reel with a loop at the end large enough for the reel to pass through easily and a 1 inch plastic beed on that end. I am curious to see what you guys recomend. Thanks in advance.

I have a 12" (or so) length of braided 5/16" line attached to the metal ring on my lift bag. There is a large, I mean large bolt snap on the other end. I can wrap this line around an object and then clip to the line or the ring. If I am deep I will either do a controlled ascent up my anchor line with it, or attach it to the anchor line and send it ahead. There are times when that is a better and safer bet. Just make sure you are clear of it while it rises. When I do this I wrap my line around the object, and then around the anchor line. If the bag were to fail the line would bind on the upline (anchor line). I don't use a reel when I am lifting and object. If I am shooting abag to mark an object, then I will use my reel or spool. I use this method when using open bags less than 150#. Larger items are a while nuther game. I have closed bags up to 4500# and as small as 200#. I have one open bag that is 2000# that has limited use applications. Hope this helps. Mark

Same basic idea.

I carry a locking carabiner and a short piece of rope with loops at each end. It stows in a pocket or you can roll it up in the bag.

I found these really cool barrels on a local wreck, how should I bring em up?!
2756495960100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

Better question is WHY should you bring them up?

:shakehead:

Perhaps other divers would like to see "these really cool barrels" on the wreck.

2756495960100390769S600x600Q85.jpg
Those look vaguely like depth charges, they might go BOOM!

batteries die on your sarcasm detectors?

batteries die on your sarcasm detectors?

LOL - apparently my laptop doesn't have a sarcasm card installed. (And I've never seen a depth charge before.)

:D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom