Atomic Z3 Vs. Oceanic Fdx-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elycia I.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I am new to scuba. And becoming certified within the next month. I can't decide on the Atomic or Oceanic regulator. Any suggestions would be great !

why did you narrow it down to those brands and models? What is your budget? What are your ultimate diving goals?

Only then can we give you meaningful advice. You are talking about a piston regulator made in the USA, vs a sealed diaphragm made in Taiwan. Neither is necessarily better than the other, but their only similarities are that they are single hose regulators

I am sticking to the topics. Between Atomic and Oceanic, no comparison. Get the Atomic if they are price similar. I would only consider Oceanic you have super deep discount, which happen often. While they both may perform similar underwater, there is no comparison workmanship, build quality. If nothing else, get Atomics for resale value, 2nd hand market desireablity.

Agreed, there is no argument there, however I would go with the Atomic Z2 over the Z3. The only thing you gain is the swivel at the second stage, and that isn't worth $100. If you want one, buy one of the aftermarket swivels that allows you to use normal hoses.

It is no contest at all, ATOMIC is the way to go when compared with Oceanic (or with most other regulators). If you are looking at the Z3 vs. Z2, I'd go with the Z2 since they are exactly the same except for the second stage swivel the Z3 has. I see no reason to pay that much more money for the proprietary hose with their swivel at all.

I'd invest in a sealed first stage even if not diving in cold water.

First, congratulations on becoming scuba certified. You are in for a lot of fun and excitement.

If you ask us, go with the Atomic. Then again, you probably shouldn't ask us.

Thanks to everyone who voted suggested Atomic...you rock!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom