Atomic Venom Mask Leak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone seen these issues with the Frameless masks? I've used the Frameless on 3 dives now and haven't had an issue, but a buddy of mine that works at a dove shop said they had Atomically coming back because of this issue, but he didn't mention which mask if was.

Can't speak to the Venom, but I have two Atomic Frameless masks with about 500 dives (one on my face, one in my pocket) and thousands of hours in the pool and have had ZERO problems with them.

Can't speak to the Venom, but I have two Atomic Frameless masks with about 500 dives (one on my face, one in my pocket) and thousands of hours in the pool and have had ZERO problems with them.

That is what I wanted to hear, thank you sir.

Well it turned out that the Atomic Venom mask I bought last spring from Leisure Pro while I lived in Kuwait leaks. My first dive while on a trip to the Red Sea with it it leaked pretty bad. It seems like I was clearing it every 30 seconds. I was not sure if it was a faulty mask or bad fit due to my beard. So as a precaution on my second dive I took a spare mask with me. On this dive the mask flooded quicker than I could clear it and after a few minutes of this I switched masks. The skirt was now seperating from the lens. This was back in April.

Since then I have been very busy with a new job back in the US (glad to bew out of the Middle East). Today I called Atomic and mentioned the mask leakage. No problem on their end. They immediately started the process for me to send it back to them and they will replace it with one that was not in the initial "bad" batch. I was leary about the warranty issues after buying the product from a on-line/mail order company and the time spand from purchase to manufacture contact (4-5 months). But Atomic faithfully is standing by their service and their products.

To me this says a lot about Atomic's character and commitment to its customers. I have been happy with my other Atomic products and I hope that my new mask will be an enjoyable addition to my kit. :yeahbaby:

~Me~

P.S. Now that I am back in the United States, I will be supporting my LDSs. While I did have good serivce from on-line vendors while I lived overseas, there were a couple of times I purchased a mis-fitted item. There is no substitute for the value a good LDS provides. :bounce2::bounce::bounce4:

Looks like my Atomic Venom Mask Blue's Saga continues folks!:confused:

The last replacement mask (mask no. 3) that I received via mail directly from Atomic Aquatics in Huntington Beach, CA on May 21st, started leaking like a sieve today during my second dive. I'm pretty sure I had less than 10 dives on that mask.:shakehead:

DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN!:redhot:

Well, I called Diver's Direct, which is where I originally bought the mask (well, mask no. 1), and they told me they have replacement masks, the new design with the date stamps within the inside of the nose pocket - Thank you Diver's Direct.

Looks like it's mask no. 4 for me!!!:shocked2:

Looks like it's mask no. 4 for me!!!:shocked2:

Wow... I can't beleive your not simply asking for your $200 back at this point. How many tries are you going to give it? If I was doing deco dives as you are I'd want 100% confidence in my primary mask. Don't get me wrong, I love my Venom, but I still find myself keeping my Atomic Framless in a pocket even for shallow shore dives... just in case. Perhaps you should try one of atomics other tried and true masks? (seriously i can't really tell the difference in clarity between them). I just can't see diving with ANY mask that's given you nothing but trouble as in the best interest of safe diving.... let alone deep deco wreck diving!

Wow... I can't beleive your not simply asking for your $200 back at this point. How many tries are you going to give it? If I was doing deco dives as you are I'd want 100% confidence in my primary mask. Don't get me wrong, I love my Venom, but I still find myself keeping my Atomic Framless in a pocket even for shallow shore dives... just in case. Perhaps you should try one of atomics other tried and true masks? (seriously i can't really tell the difference in clarity between them). I just can't see diving with ANY mask that's given you nothing but trouble as in the best interest of safe diving.... let alone deep deco wreck diving!
It does sound a bit crazy doesn't it! If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't understand it either.

You have to understand that, I've been diving a very long time, and during all that time, I've always had difficulty finding a mask that's fit me properly - This one fits me PERFECTLY! Combine that fact with all the mask's other positive attributes, and that's what kept me sticking with this mask.

Btw, I did exchange the Venom on Sunday evening for a new one. This one actually has the date stamps within the inside around the nose pocket, so I'm somewhat hopeful. I also picked-up a new back-up mask yesterday. The skirt on this one folds nicely so I can squeeze it into my back-up mask pocket and carry it with me underwater, but given my history with Atomic, I went with a different brand.

This one fits me PERFECTLY!

Nuff said.

Good luck with #4

Do me a favor, Next time you happen to have it on a shallow night dive with about 1ft vis and a full moon, shut your light off for me and tell me if yours has an eerie white glow along the edge of the glass... just curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom