Atomic Venom Mask Leak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got a package deal with Cane Bay Dive Shop (cousin worked there), but is there any way to get a night dive with you guys? Heard nothing but rave reviews about S.C.U.B.A!!

Got a package deal with Cane Bay Dive Shop (cousin worked there), but is there any way to get a night dive with you guys? Heard nothing but rave reviews about S.C.U.B.A!!

no prob! call 877-567-1367 toll free and set it up, we can do it any night you want!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qwcm3l

Well called the shop this morning. My mask has been sent to Atomic for replacement. mNo word on when the replacement will come. Would have been nice if they had just pulled one off the shelf and sent it to me. At least this way, maybe I will get one from the new batch without the problem.

Spoke Atomic Aquatics this morning, then mailed them my mask later this afternoon.

Wish me luck!
Followed up with Atomic today. They gave me a tracking number for new mask they mailed me, so I was able to confirm they mailed it to me this Monday (5/14).

looks like bypassing the dive shop this time was the right thing to do, because this way I have no doubt I'm getting one from the new batch - Seems like I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Normally I'd never go through this whole ordeal just for a mask. However, I've always had trouble with masks fitting me, even more so since I started diving a rebreather in 2007. On the rebreather, I've always seemed to have a small amount of gas consistently escaping through the seal of the mask when I exhale, and if you know anything about a closed-circuit rebreather, gas escaping from the loop should never happen, unless you're ascending of course. But with the Venom mask, I've been able to achieve a perfect seal. I also love the amazing clarity of the special glass because I do lots of photography, and if you've ever dove with me, you know I like to coordinate the color of my equipment to match match the black and red colors on my rebreather - Love that black and red Venom!

Some people might hesitate when seeing the $200 price tag of the Venom, but honestly, when you compare that to the amount of money I've spent on my rebreather and camera setup, it's the equivalent of pennies!

Received my new mask today in the mail from Atomic. I inspected it thoroughly and found no date stamping anywhere; however, looks like it has a pretty solid seal where the frame meets the glass!

Looking forward to trying it out. Wish me luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom