Atomic Splitfins sizes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moksha

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello. I'm thinking of getting some Atomic aquatics Splitfins and am just wondering about sizes.
I wear a US size 9 1/2 shoe. According to their websight this would be a large. My friend has a pair of Atomics in a Large and though I haven't tried them in the water they seem a bit too roomy when I stick my booties in them. Would I be able to squeeze into a medium?
Don't have a local stockist so can't try them on and don't want to have them shipped to find they're too small. Perhaps I should look at another brand.
Anyone out there with a size 9 1/2 foot who's got a pair?

Nigel.

I was in the same predicament. Atomics tend to run fairly large. I saw a size Large at a local LDS and thought I could fit my feet into them comfortably. I wear a size 9 bootie and 10 shoe. I didn't have a chance to try them, but I believe a large would work. I would wait on someone elses' input though.

bring your boots and try, some boots have massive soles and some don't. I dive norcal my boots are thick and have very heavy soles and I ware 3mm socs under them

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 09:29 AM ----------

If you have thinner boots with min sole you need small

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 09:35 AM ----------

get medium you can up grade your boots if you need to. Fins should fit firm but not tight ,pain is not good

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 09:37 AM ----------

great fin

I have 10.5 feet, wear a size 11 boot, and used a size L atomic split fin without much squeezing. Unless your boot is quite bulky, I think you'll find there's a lot play between a size 9 boot and a size L fin.

Thanks to everyone for the input. Tried my buddies size L's in the water and they fit fine. Not at all sloppy like I feared. So I'm going to go ahead and get the Large.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom