Atomic Split Fins, need sizing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cant wait till Christmas! New gear on the way from the wife!!! YAHOOO!!!

Thanks for the assist Brett - love LP. Been a customer for years.

I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe. With my SeaSoft har soles booties I require an XL in the Atomic Split fins.

I had DUI rock boots on at the DUI DOG Days event and my XL Liquid Blues fit fine.

My 13 year old daughter wears medium size SeaSoft booties and her Atmoic Smoke on Water fins are size large.

My wife wears size smal SeaSoft booties and her Atomic Reef Reds are size m,edium.

The booties that you are wearing make a big difference.

Fortunately Leisure Pro has an excellent return policy. You might want to have your wife get you both sizes and return the ones that don't fit properly.

I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe. With my SeaSoft har soles booties I require an XL in the Atomic Split fins.

I had DUI rock boots on at the DUI DOG Days event and my XL Liquid Blues fit fine.

My 13 year old daughter wears medium size SeaSoft booties and her Atmoic Smoke on Water fins are size large.

My wife wears size smal SeaSoft booties and her Atomic Reef Reds are size m,edium.

The booties that you are wearing make a big difference.

Fortunately Leisure Pro has an excellent return policy. You might want to have your wife get you both sizes and return the ones that don't fit properly.

It all depends on the boot. Also, don't bother to wait. Just get springs now. You will wonder why you waited so long.

LP has good customer service but they are NOT an authorized Atomic Aquatics Dealer.

I am replacing a pair of 20+ year old dacor turbo flex fins with smoke on the waters.

I ordered the XL after reading on the web the hard sole booties req a sizeup. I wear an 11 usually in shoes, never less than a 44 metric.

I have the fins and I am not sure how to tell if they fit (sounds stupid but my old fins are so bad...) There is not much play if any in the fit, the sping is not super tight, but I can feel it. When i unclip it, its about an inch or so away from the peg (if that makes sense). my heal sticks out about an inch or so out the back. my toe is just about all the way to the front Does that sound about right?

I wear deep sea 5mm manta booties.

thanks

That sounds like mine, foot most all the way into the pocket, about an inch and 1/2 sticking out and I have not found any issues because of it
.. and not having any play is good as long as that doesn't mean too tight for comfort

if you look closely at this pic, you can see that most of my foot is deeply into the pocket .. http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/DB1.jpg

Good to hear D_B!!! I found a LDS that had a large to tryand they were WAY too small.
I just need to get in the water now!!!

I don't get it... why would you bother taking a chance at ordering personal gear online if you don't know exactly what size fits? I've had customers that really wanted... lets say atomics splits, but they just don't fit as well as a different brand. I would push the fins that fit them better (I usually recommended the SP jets but most people want splits) If you have to save a few bucks and order online, why not go into a LDS and try on different brands and sizes of fins with the booties you usually wear, then you will know EXACTLY what fits and you will be an informed buyer...

... because of the price, and sometimes the service and "location" are superior to your LDS too and some places you can send back and get the right size for no extra shipping charge

Amen D_B. also time and convenience. I dont have time to hit every shop in effort to find something - none of them carry every brand so it requires excessive time and pain in the a** to shop it up. I don think I am alone in wanting to shop online and have it delivered for a fraciton of the cost of the LDS. It is a rare day that a little reseach and online shopping does not do the trick! These fins for example - are perfect and we saved $80.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom