Atomic Split Fins, need sizing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm planning to buy some Atomic split fins and need help in deciding what size to get. Atomic seems to break them down as such: M 6-8.5, and L 9-11. Some of my booties are size 8 and some are size 9 (all 7mm). Can anyone who uses the atomics provide a recommendation? I'm leaning towards the Large.

I am not getting the new Smoke on the Water that comes with them, but I do plan to add them eventually.

But no, initially I will not have them.

I wear an 11 shoe, and the large is very comfortable for me. I would think it would be too loose on you.

My feet are 9 to 9.5 and my booties are size 9 and I have the Large Atomic Split fins with the regular straps. They seem to fit fine. I also have a friend with size 11 booties and he has also used my fins with no complaints.
-Mark-

Paco II:
I'm planning to buy some Atomic split fins and need help in deciding what size to get. Atomic seems to break them down as such: M 6-8.5, and L 9-11. Some of my booties are size 8 and some are size 9 (all 7mm). Can anyone who uses the atomics provide a recommendation? I'm leaning towards the Large.

The answer is it depends on the size of your foot and the booties you are wearing.

I take a 9.5 shoe and I wear Seasoft TI Stealth 5 mm booties (size large). My Atomic Liquid Blue split fins are Extra Large.

My wife's shoe size is between 8.5 and 9.0. She wears medium SeaSoft TI Stealth 5 mm booties and her Atomic Reef Reds are size Medium.

My 13 year old daughter wears size 9 shoes. Her SeaSoft TI Stealth 5 mm booties are size medium. Her Atomic Smoke on Water split fins (regular straps) are size Large (I put the spring straps on my Liquid Blue fins).

You would be safer trying on the fins at a local LDS with the booties you intend to wear with the fins (if possible).

I bought my fins from the LDS since they take good care of me I paid extra and bought them from the LDS.

If that is not possible order two sizes of the same fins from LeisurePro and send back the fis that don't fit.

I pasted their policy below for your convenience.

PFF (Pressure Free Fit) Guaranty Program Information

Your home is our changing room. Try it on and walk it around. Maybe you'll find that the fit isn't quite right, just whistle and we'll come running.

We'll pick up your item and bring you another size - without additional shipping costs. And at Leisure Pro, we'll keep going back to the cyber shelves until you are completely satisfied and perfectly comfortable. Our PFF Guarantee makes shopping for Suits, BCD’s, Fins and other dive gear simply easy. Go ahead and try it on with confidence.

Save the pressure for your air tanks.

For more information call us at 888-805-3600

Appreciate the posts all. Might go the LP route as suggested above.

By the way, can anyone tell me the length of the fin? Can't seem to find that online anywhere.

Paco II:
Appreciate the posts all. Might go the LP route as suggested above.

By the way, can anyone tell me the length of the fin? Can't seem to find that on line anywhere.

Medium - Smoke on Water - 26 inches
Large - Reef Reds - 26 inches
Extra Large - Liquid Blue - 27.25 inches

All measurements are from the farthest part of the fin pocket sole to the tip of the fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom