Atomic Split Fins, need sizing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take a 9.5 shoe and I wear Seasoft TI Stealth 5 mm booties (size large). My Atomic Liquid Blue split fins are Extra Large.
Heh ... Me too :)
I have kinda wide feet, found I needed the XL so it would not squeeze my feet .. my foot goes all the way into foot pocket, leaving about 1.5" sticking out .. have the XS Scuba spring straps, very easy to put on .. you can kinda get an idea from this pic on my boot/fin size ... http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/DB1.jpg
I like the fins

I am in the same decision process. I wear an 11 bootie and my shoes range from 11-12 depoending on brand. the guildlines say to up a size for hard sole booties and I will be using deep see manta booties that have a somewhat hard sole.

I am going with the Smoke on the water with springs.

Think I should go with an XL?

LP will be the store they come from - the wife is buying them for me for x-mas!! WOO HOO

The answer is it depends on the size of your foot and the booties you are wearing.

I take a 9.5 shoe and I wear Seasoft TI Stealth 5 mm booties (size large). My Atomic Liquid Blue split fins are Extra Large.

My wife's shoe size is between 8.5 and 9.0. She wears medium SeaSoft TI Stealth 5 mm booties and her Atomic Reef Reds are size Medium.

My 13 year old daughter wears size 9 shoes. Her SeaSoft TI Stealth 5 mm booties are size medium. Her Atomic Smoke on Water split fins (regular straps) are size Large (I put the spring straps on my Liquid Blue fins).

You would be safer trying on the fins at a local LDS with the booties you intend to wear with the fins (if possible).

I bought my fins from the LDS since they take good care of me I paid extra and bought them from the LDS.

If that is not possible order two sizes of the same fins from LeisurePro and send back the fis that don't fit.

I pasted their policy below for your convenience.

PFF (Pressure Free Fit) Guaranty Program Information

Your home is our changing room. Try it on and walk it around. Maybe you'll find that the fit isn't quite right, just whistle and we'll come running.

We'll pick up your item and bring you another size - without additional shipping costs. And at Leisure Pro, we'll keep going back to the cyber shelves until you are completely satisfied and perfectly comfortable. Our PFF Guarantee makes shopping for Suits, BCD’s, Fins and other dive gear simply easy. Go ahead and try it on with confidence.

Save the pressure for your air tanks.

For more information call us at 888-805-3600

ronbeau,

The PFF is a great, it really makes it easy for our customers to make sure that they get the proper size. If something is too big or small we can swap the item out for them at no charge, and it's easy as phone call.
Also, I love my Smoke on the water fins, and the spring straps make on/off a snap!

I ended up getting the Liquid Blue and adding the Atomic spring straps. LOVE these fins. And love the look of the Liquid Blues.

They definitely run 'small'. I've almost always been a size medium with fins and my size 9 7mm booties. But these, I was definitely a size Large.

ronbeau,

The PFF is a great, it really makes it easy for our customers to make sure that they get the proper size. If something is too big or small we can swap the item out for them at no charge, and it's easy as phone call.
Also, I love my Smoke on the water fins, and the spring straps make on/off a snap!

cant wait till Christmas! New gear on the way from the wife!!! YAHOOO!!!

Thanks for the assist Brett - love LP. Been a customer for years.

I am in the same decision process. I wear an 11 bootie and my shoes range from 11-12 depoending on brand. the guildlines say to up a size for hard sole booties and I will be using deep see manta booties that have a somewhat hard sole.

I am going with the Smoke on the water with springs.

Think I should go with an XL?

LP will be the store they come from - the wife is buying them for me for x-mas!! WOO HOO
Go with the large! I wear large somke on the water with my 11 booties. I wear the XL with my DUI rock boots. I loved an felt the effects of the smokers I needed the same for my drysuit. Them fin's WILL save you a lot of air.

Booty thickness will likely be a factor. Keep that in mind. as mentioned, I wear a size Large with a 7mm size 9 booty, and it fits just right.

Go with the large! I wear large somke on the water with my 11 booties. I wear the XL with my DUI rock boots. I loved an felt the effects of the smokers I needed the same for my drysuit. Them fin's WILL save you a lot of air.

Make sure they are a snug fit loose fins will be counter performance. And pick them up where you and try them in a pool to see if you like them.

Back
Top Bottom