Atomic Regulator Service Costs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just purchased a few used Atomic Regulators.

Picked up a B2 with a Z2 octo.

Called Atomic which is right down the street from me for service and was shocked at the service prices.

$260.70 for a service with enviro seal for 1st, 2nd and octo. Hopefully that service comes with some KY when I drop it off.

(or should I take it somewhere besides directly to Atomic?)

Feelin kinda :(

Why are you having it serviced? I suggest you give it a good inspection, or find someone who can do one. While that price from atomic seems high, even paying a more reasonable $150 for an unnecessary service is excessive.

It's a used reg from this site. The seller is a reputable member and suggested having it serviced.

As I see it, it's life support equipment and I have no clue as to its usage or service history and I don't know anybody that is a service tech guru to inspect it for me.

On the plus side, it'll be good to go for 2 years and I'll have total peace of mind when I'm at 90' in 48 degree water.

Anyhow, didn't mean to come across as a whiny little B. I just didn't remember paying so much for past servicing. (Used to sell and buy so often, never needed to)

I'm better now that I've had a few beers.

That's much higher than previously quoted for factory-direct service. Sad to see Atomic gouging like that, when they used to encourage factory service and charge more or less what it would cost to have done at your LDS. Even considering the seal, almost $100 a stage is just stupid.

Wow! People like to claim that Poseidon regs were expensive to service.
That's ridiculous for Atomic to charge that much.

Did they give you a break down of the cost? I am wondering if there are any upgrades involved which increases the cost. Also how much does extra does the enviro seal cost?

That price is much higher than I recall. I wonder if the prices were increased because of the buyout by Huish. I would check with several Atomic dealers for comparative pricing.

If the service does not come with KY try some Astroglide!! At prices like those I would disassemble the regs and assess the parts and pieces myself. Contrary to popular belief reg rebuilds and settings are not rocket science, and with a few tools and gauges can be done safely at home. I would start checking for some local help concerning your regs if you are not confident in doing it by yourself. What you learn and the insight into the workings will help you understand different settings. This however is my opinion and not necessarily gospel!!:wink:

Not justifying the price, but I will say that the enviro seal on atomic uses a bunch of christolube.

This should be fairly close break down for an Atomic Set with environmental sealed first stage:

First Stage Kit: $30
Second Stage Kits: $60 ($30 each)
Christolube: $30
Labor: $90 ($30 for each stage)

Total: $210 for a complete Atomic Set

All of the parts you can buy online, along with the Christolube. Some shops will charge for a whole tube of Christolube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom