Atomic regs/cold water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, that would be spelt "LEG3ND" and it's Aqualung, not Atomic's.

:poke:

So . . . Just finished breezing through my much loved copy of "Regulator Savvy" in the "How Regulators Work" section. I don’t see anything called a coaxial valve design. Could it be what Wolfinger calls a "center balanced demand valve"?

If I’ve missed it altogether, (highly likely) does someone have a detailed drawing or diagram for interested amateurs who don’t already understand the coaxial design? The physics is part of the fun.

Many thanks for the info and looking forward to trying the new reg once singler starts passing it around.

So . . . Just finished breezing through my much loved copy of "Regulator Savvy" in the "How Regulators Work" section. I don’t see anything called a coaxial valve design. Could it be what Wolfinger calls a "center balanced demand valve"?

If I’ve missed it altogether, (highly likely) does someone have a detailed drawing or diagram for interested amateurs who don’t already understand the coaxial design? The physics is part of the fun.

Many thanks for the info and looking forward to trying the new reg once singler starts passing it around.
It refers to the diaphragm and exhaust valve being aligned, or in this case stacked together in the same orientation/plane (on same axis = coaxial). Essentially, part of the diaphragm acts as the exhaust valve (whether it’s 2 separate parts like the SP D series or 1 part like the Poseidon Jetstream of SP AIR 1). Page 78 shows the design but doesn’t mention the term. The section on Case Geometry Fault (page 88 specifically) shows why this design is better in terms of tolerating changes in regulator position.

This just might turn me to Atomic. The Z3 as backup would be a nice looking set.
So, you guys are too fickle. A pretty face shows up and you bail on Scubapro, to quote Gomer Pyle, shame, shame, shame on you guys. This new reg is not worthy of the box the G260 comes in. The soft purge covers will turn to goo unlike the G260 purge button. The plastic housing, is it glass fiber reinforced plastic like the G260? Ohhh, titanium, so where do I buy one?

Back
Top Bottom