Atomic M1???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snobeach

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this specific Atomic reg? It has grabbed my attention and won't let go!
Also, is it true that the M1 warranty is not tied to annual service? I got this info from an LDS this morning. Can anyone confirm this?

I am also strongly considering an Apeks TX100, or possibly a Legend. Please, help me decide! Thanks! :rfish:

No doubt the Atomic regs are great performers. I have the B1s. the M1 is a newer product and the difference of this reg between the others is that the metals/components of the M1 can be used for higher O2 contents, though not straight 100%. Special cleaning and components are needed fo 100% O2. Another thing that i like about the M1 is that it has a longer exhaust tee which diverts exhaust bubbles better. Other than that, the rest are just the same. All models of Atomic performs outstandingly the same. Some materials and configuration used are different but thats that.

I do have a couple of TX100s(can't resists getting the best regs from different makes in the market! :)) I use them for technical diving. They're terrific performers!

I dont have any of those Aqualung regs. But one thing I can tell you about Aqualung/US Divers, Their regs are durable and moderately priced. Good for the recreational diver.

What kind of diving are you into? If your diving for recreational purposes only, either of the three will do, though the Atomics are quite pricy. If your doing recreational and would like to go technical, go with the Apeks! If your diving in cold waters, I suggest to go with the Aqualung or better yet the Apeks!

At this point I expect to do primarily recreational diving. Water temps will vary. I live in Colorado, and will mostly dive SE Florida; the tropics when I'm lucky and maybe on occassion in New England.
I may be stuck buying from my LDS, due to a large credit I am so far unable to convert to cash. As a result the price difference to me between an Apeks TX100, Legend LX (supreme?), and the Atomic M1 is negligable. So now what? Does this make a difference? Which way would you go? I know all 3 would be terrific, but I can only have one - for a very long time...
I am becoming increasingly drawn to the to the M1 for it's scores at Rodales, the few reviews (I really need more of these!) I've found/heard, and it's more relaxed warranty policies...
Additional input can only help!!! Thanx. :confused:

frogman once bubbled...
No doubt the Atomic regs are great performers. I have the B1s. the M1 is a newer product and the difference of this reg between the others is that the metals/components of the M1 can be used for higher O2 contents, though not straight 100%. Special cleaning and components are needed fo 100% O2. Another thing that i like about the M1 is that it has a longer exhaust tee which diverts exhaust bubbles better. Other than that, the rest are just the same. All models of Atomic performs outstandingly the same. Some materials and configuration used are different but thats that.

I do have a couple of TX100s(can't resists getting the best regs from different makes in the market! :)) I use them for technical diving. They're terrific performers!

I dont have any of those Aqualung regs. But one thing I can tell you about Aqualung/US Divers, Their regs are durable and moderately priced. Good for the recreational diver.

What kind of diving are you into? If your diving for recreational purposes only, either of the three will do, though the Atomics are quite pricy. If your doing recreational and would like to go technical, go with the Apeks! If your diving in cold waters, I suggest to go with the Aqualung or better yet the Apeks!

The manufacturer for legal reasons quotes the M1 is good for 80%(last time I looked), if the unit is cleaned (IP lowered and maintained to oxygen standards it should be better than most regulators out there.. Monel is one of the most compatible metals for use in an oxygen enriched enviroment and its highly corrosion resistant. it has a higher compatibility to oxygen than brass.. copper is one of the few metals that are better but obviously copper is much too soft and corrodes easily... I wouldn't waste my time on the aqualung regs.. personally everyone I ever tried I thought they stunk.. I'd take a poseidon or Apeks anyday..

I have used an Atomic B1 and thought it was a great performer.. I don't own any so I can't comment on long term usage..
I own several USD regs, poseidon, apeks, scubapro oceanic, dacor, mares, abysmal and beuchat regs. For cold water diving my choice is easily a poseidon.. I have done lots of ice diving (in fresh water) and have never had a poseidon freeze(the latest reg looks like the wave of the future, easy to service and should be durable as hell)... I have seen sherwood blizzards, several models of aqualung/usd and apeks regs freeze(usually the second stage)..

I just bought an Apeks TX100 on ebay!!!
Brand new, display model for $280.
I am still very interested in learning more about the M1 but I couldn't pass this up...The TX100 supply is getting pretty lean and this seemed like a real good deal...how did i do???
:)

I guess you made a good deal with the TX100! I'm just skeptical on the warranty since you didnt buy it from an authorized dealer/LDS. (most likely no warranties at all). Anyway, its a great reg. Might have it checked though.

I forgot to mention that I do also have a couple of Poseidon Jetstreams/Odins. Like Padiscubapro cited, they're top-notch performers too! Though I dont dive cold or icy waters (I live in the tropics), these regs are a workhorse, gives you lots of air. Some divers are bothered by that, but me, they're just fine!

I do plan to have it checked out right away! They said if there was any problem or surprises I could send it back for a full refund. Also, I called the dive shop that had it on display to make sure things sounded legit...
My LDS quoted me $680 for the same reg! While I used to be hung-up on warranty issues I've come to see that with such a huge price difference, one can buy a lot of service. (hopefully my new baby won't need any) My biggest problem now is i still have an unused credit with my LDS...I already have the basics covered...any ideas??? preferably items with less markup than regulators! Thanx for the input. :)
(i am still curious about that m1 though, hope to see more reviews...)

Maybe you can extend your unused credit to me???? :)

You might try a dive computer, an underwater camera perhaps, a back floatation bcd, a designer bcd from Mares, an HID light to brigthen your night dives.....

Go with what you need that you still dont have....

happy diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom