Atomic M1 vs B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uscgrescueswimmer:
The b2 is nitrox compatable to 40% and has to be switched back and forth from air to nitrox.

Can someone please explain this to me: "has to be switched back and forth" ?

thanks

Hi Ray Jackson here in md .. new and need a lot of help :) lol

I am looking at the atomic B2 or Titanium B1 and for my back up the SS1 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ok all . let me know what you think please .:) I will be diving in md , ocean city off shore pa and wv. but mostly in the upper gulf .

bgi:
Can someone please explain this to me: "has to be switched back and forth" ?

thanks

If you use air it is recommended the reg be cleaned prior to using nitrox again.

Thanks, Kestrell,

I wonder how seriously divers take this recommendation. From my experience speaking with people around her, nobody does. Anyone have opinions: could this be lawyers getting in the game or is this a real concern from the possibility of hydrocarbon contaminants coming from a not-so-clean air supply? Any other reg manufacturers make the same recommendation?

I'm just full of questions...

I switch back both my M1 and Z1 without O2 cleaning back and forth between air. If it is under 40% I had heard it was just a myth. I have had no problems doing this. OF Course YMMV, but I have never had a problem doing this with multiple regulators. Of course if you were breathing over 40% than I would have them o2 cleaned.

Matt

Corigan,

I'll agree with you. If it's 40% or less, then no problem. Thanks for the feedback. That's consistent with what I've heard from local shops about the B2. I think I'll go with it.

In one place in this thread it says both the B1 and M1 are environmentally sealed, but in another it says the environmental seal is optional on the B1.

The comparison chart lists all the 1st stages as having a "High pressure piston seal system", but elseware under the 1st stage features after choosing a particular reg to view it says "Optional environmental seal kit for freeze protection at low temperatures."

I am thinking that the high pressure piston seal is not the same as environmental sealing.

On the M1 description it says:

"Cold water diving: For cold water diving, the first stage is environmentally sealed to prevent entry of water or contaminants. The second stage features a thermal heat sink and improved super-dry exhaust valve."

This makes me think that the B1 in not in fact evironmentally sealed while the M1 is.

Anyone know the straight skinny?

Alone came the B2, next the new T2... is there an M2 on the horizon? That question went unanswered so I bought a B2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom