Atomic M1 hose routing for twinset OK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just learned today that Atomic regs have to remain on the cylinder when rinsing after a dive. Seems very inconvenient.

This was brought up in this thread. For normal rinsing I feel it is more enough to blow the regs out on a tank afterwards. For 24 hour soaking, yes, putting them on a tank would be safer. Most of my Atomic 2nds create a gap so small when the seat saver separates, that water can hardly seep through fast enough to cause trouble (depends on adjustment I think).

I just learned today that Atomic regs have to remain on the cylinder when rinsing after a dive. Seems very inconvenient.
I never bother. Not in a decade of diving and servicing Atomics. It's just cover your a** wording in the manual for the company, for divers that don't understand what it means to have an open second stage valve.
Just keep the first stage on the sink counter (higher) while the second is soaking. Hang the reg set on the towel ring to drip dry, first stage uppermost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom