• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Atomic M1 hose routing for twinset OK?

Discussion in 'Regulators' started by SaltyWombat, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Julius SCHMIDT

Julius SCHMIDT Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Yeah hmmm great honest thanks rsingler

rsingler likes this.
  2. sabbe

sabbe ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Atomic M1s are rated for 50% or 80% O2 depending on their use and servicing so that could be bad.

3. SaltyWombat

SaltyWombat DIR Practitioner

I just learned today that Atomic regs have to remain on the cylinder when rinsing after a dive. Seems very inconvenient.

4. Geo7

Geo7 Contributor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    This was brought up in this thread. For normal rinsing I feel it is more enough to blow the regs out on a tank afterwards. For 24 hour soaking, yes, putting them on a tank would be safer. Most of my Atomic 2nds create a gap so small when the seat saver separates, that water can hardly seep through fast enough to cause trouble (depends on adjustment I think).

5. tbone1004

tbone1004 Technical Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    you really want to leave all first stages on the tank when rinsing and soaking....

Bob DBF likes this.
  6. rsingler

rsingler Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I never bother. Not in a decade of diving and servicing Atomics. It's just cover your a** wording in the manual for the company, for divers that don't understand what it means to have an open second stage valve.
    Just keep the first stage on the sink counter (higher) while the second is soaking. Hang the reg set on the towel ring to drip dry, first stage uppermost.

Bob DBF and SaltyWombat like this.