Atomic Frameless or Dive Rite Frameless 145

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triggerman365

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need a new mask and I live in an area where I can't try either the Atomic or Dive Rite. The Atomic gets rave reviews but is nearly $100. I can get the Dive Rite for $32 plus shipping. My question for the Atomic mask users, is it worth it? Can anyone comment on the Dive Rite 145? Thanks

The question is which one fits your face better. If the Dive Rite fits you, buy it. If the one that fits you best is the Atomic, buy that.

To me, there is very little in a mask worth anything over fit.

I don't know about the DiveRite mask, but the glass in my Atomic masks seems to be clearer. At least clearer than my Hollis and old Tusa. As hypertech said, fit is everything.

I have a frameless that is 3 years old, has 200+ dives, and looks and fits like brand new. Dry to dive, great optics. If it fits you, I doubt you will be sorry. Most people I know have been able to get them to fit. That said, they have two sizes. If you have a smaller face- get the medium frame.

I have the sub-frame. Love it. I had a problem with the skirt separating, I think it was something to do with having prescription lenses installed. No worries, Atomic was quick to fix.:D They seem to have good customer support.

+1 on fit above all else. I wouldn't buy a mask without trying it on first, or at least, have an ironclad return guarantee if it didn't fit.

I have 2 years of hard use on my Atomic Frameless, and it is still a workhorse. Folks who they fit (like me) rave about them; but then, I'd rave about any brand mask that didn't leak and fit like a glove.

All the best, James

I guess what I am saying is, if fit were the same (for discussion purposes), then is the additional money for the Atomic justified? I can't try either so I will have to return or sell on ebay either non-fitting mask. I would like to get the Atomic but it is so expensive!

I guess what I am saying is, if fit were the same (for discussion purposes), then is the additional money for the Atomic justified? I can't try either so I will have to return or sell on ebay either non-fitting mask. I would like to get the Atomic but it is so expensive!

If fit was the same, and money a non-issue, I would go Atomic. If money is an issue, the DiveRite may be the better choice. $32 is not a huge amount if you wanted to try the mask and then resell if necessary. Probably not much help in this advice, but fit is important, money too for that matter. I would go the least expensive first, I think?? Good Luck, sorry for the vagueness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom