Atomic Frameless or Dive Rite Frameless 145

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess what I am saying is, if fit were the same (for discussion purposes), then is the additional money for the Atomic justified? I can't try either so I will have to return or sell on either non-fitting mask. I would like to get the Atomic but it is so expensive!

In that case, I would find somewhere with a solid return policy and order 3 or 4 or 10. Then try them on, choose the one that fits the best and return the rest.

Both my wife and son had a hard time finding a mask that fit them. She now dives with an Atomic Sub-Frame and he with the Atomic Frameless, both in the Medium size. I use a standard size Sub-Frame. As with all Atomic gear, the quality is first rate and you pay for it.

Obviously, we like the fit and think the extra expense was worth it. The masks are comfortable, well designed and well made.

Good luck.

I have to say, no mask I have ever used compares with the Atomic Frameless. I do like the original and still available ScubaPro Frameless but the Atomic fits closer, is dryer, has much better field of view.

N

I have an Atomic Frameless mask and love it. It fits me perfectly and is extremely clear under water. It has only been in saltwater about 6-7 times, other than that all my dives are freshwater. You can get the from Leisure Pro for about $75. If it fits you, it's worth every penny.

You can get the from Leisure Pro for about $75

I got my second one from LP - bought the first from my LDS so I could try it on - but they've gone up since then and are $100 now

Unless you have a really promenent nose, get the Atomic, or, as was suggested, order a bunch of masks from LeisurePro and return the ones you don't like. They actually encourage that kind of behavior. For me the Atomic is worth the extra cost (x 2, I broke one) and I'm really cheap.

Ordering multiple masks at once from an online store like LP does make sense.

The shops in my area don't stock many, if any, shorty wetsuits. So the first time I bought one, I ordered it from LP but it was a little tight. I returned it and ordered the next size up. When I had to replace that shorty a few months ago, rather than go through that process again I just ordered the same suit in two sizes at the same time. That way, I could try them both on and compare. I kept the one that fit better and returned the other.

All you have to do is print out a return authorization, fill it out and send it back with the return. You can use the same box you received from the seller.

It's fairly painless and a good way to compare gear side by side.

Fit is everything, BUT the Atomic Frameless is awesome. Light-weight, low volume, super clear glass, great fitting (for me), comfortable skirt, and huge FOV. If my atomic breaks or gets lost/stolen, I will replace it with the same mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom