Atomic fin spring strap retrofit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjm60

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how disassemble an Atomic fin buckle so I can retrofit spring straps? I can get it apart a little but i don't want to end up F'ng it up and needing new buckles. It seems like the top of the buckle should snap out but I can't figure out how the front half is connected (back half comes of easily).

If anyone has done this, let me know the secret and send pictures if you have them.

You just unclip the strap (I imagine you figured that out). Then, with the front buckle piece on the fin, swiveled like it would be if you were wearing it, you slide that front part forward. It basically has two circles cut out, one larger than the other, and they overlap. So the top of the post fits in the big one but not the small one.

Anyway, just slide it toward the tip of the fin. It has some resistance, but it'll go. Then the thing just pops right off.

Doh! Misread...thought you said Apollo. My bad!

They may have the same kind of buckles...lotta fins do. Sorry, I'm not familiar with Atomic.

I can make spring straps for them. Atomic fins use a unique post. I came up with this to attach spring straps to them without having to modify the fins. These came out nice, but are more labor intensive & can take me a bit longer to ship:

apollo.jpg

apolloside.jpg

apolloside2.jpg

apollotop.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom