Atomic Cobalt Dive Computer Interface for MAC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcus0453

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Greetings - I have a dive buddy that is considering getting the Atomic Cobalt Dive Computer. He uses an Apple computer at home, and it's been my experience that a lot of dive computers don't integrate real well with Apple products. Any experiences in this area? Likes/Dislikes would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Marcus

I use MacDive with my ProPlus and love it, I'm pretty sure it has a Cobalt option.

I've logged 70+ dives from my Cobalt to MacDive. One of the best things about the Cobalt is the fact that it uses standard USB drivers and cables...no need for proprietary cables or software. It works great with MacDive.

I'm one of the people who developed the Cobalt, and we're Mac users ourselves. Mac download software for the Cobalt was available, actually, before Windows. Atomic has encouraged us to cooperate fully with third party developers in helping them be able to download directly from the Cobalt. As of now MacDive: MacDive
And Dive Log Manager:
Dive Log Manager
both support Cobalt downloads on the Mac.

Firmware updating can also be done natively on the Mac, however owing to some changes in how the Mac OS handles USB, we have a delay at the moment in getting a firmware updater that works reliably with Lion/ Mountian Lion- we expect to have one available soon. Mac OS 10.6 and 10.5 work fine currently.

Ron

That's good to know. The Cobalt is not a cheap investment and it's nice to know that you thought of us Mac users. It'll be interesting if you guys come up with a wrist mounted, air integrated model (hint hint).

Thanks for the responses - once again validates the recommendation I make to all Open Water students to join ScubaBaoard and DAN! Much appreciated!

Marcus

+1 for MacDive and the Cobalt combination. I've had a few questions and suggestions for the MacDive developer and he's very responsive as well. It's great software.

And for the critics who say Atomic should make their own software.....it's not easy to do great software. I'm a fan of specialization - deep and good, vs. broad and mediocre.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom