Atomic B2 Vs. Apeks ATX 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAVMED82

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any comments on these two regs? I'm torn between the two. Right now I'm just doing rec dives, but I forsee tech diving in the not too distant future.

Thanks

I've used both and they are both great. I own a B2 and I've had it for years. I've never had a problem with it and it works great down to at least 150'. I've also used the ATX200 down to 150' feet and found them to be eqaul in performance. I don't think you could go wrong with either. The 2nd stage on the Atomic is lighter with less drag for what it's worth.

I've been using an ATX200 for several years and have never had a problem with, it breathes great and has been very reliable.

I've yet to try any Atomics regs

I dive an Atomic Z1 and an Apeks Black Pearl (ATX200 Special Edition). I personally like the way the Pearl breathes a little more than the atomic, but the 1st stage on the Atomic is more compact. It's simply a matter of preference; you'll be happy with either.

I dove rental Atomics for a while before deciding to purchase an ATX-200/50 set. I think it is a large part personal preference here as these are both good choices. I find that the Apeks breaths better at deeper depths and is also more comfortable in my mouth. For what it's worth, I don't find much difference between the 200 and 50 second stages, so this might be an opportunity to save a little money as well.

-Keith

Back
Top Bottom