Atomic B2 / M1 or ScubaPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you married to either of those brands? Are you willing to accept suggestions for other regulator manufacturers?

@msinc it's when the hose itself goes bad, not the swivel. If that hose goes bad suddenly, which they are prone to do especially at the crimps, then you have to go find an atomic dealer, with said $150 hose, or one with the $25 jam nut and a normal hose vs. just carrying or borrowing a normal hose. For $20, I carry a spare hose in my save a dive kit. No way you're carrying the $150 spare hose and if you try to carry hose+jam nut you're going to inevitably lose the nut. There is no logical benefit to the atomic hose because it only saves 1 o-ring from the normal hose+swivel situation which costs less than half the price of the Atomic proprietary hose to begin with
It's also really expensive if you want to change hose lengths before the hose dies.

@msinc No way you're carrying the $150 spare hose.....

I guess I had better send them back then.......but I do get what you are saying. The thing I don't get is that if I am diving a $1700.00 reg why is it "no way" I would carry a $150 hose??? I think I actually paid $165.....I also carry a spare inflator hose too, do I have to ditch that too???

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in posting.
I'm set on atomic for me, but my 9yr old son is expressing interest in taking some jr classes so I might be looking into options for him.

@buddhasummer : the description for that jam nut says that it's brass. ouch. But as @tbone1004 mentioned, its much cheaper to go this route for a SAD kit vs an OEM hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom