Atomic Aquatics B2 vs OCEANIC Delta 4/FDX-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zoomer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking at a couple of New regs and wanted to get some feed back on each before I made the purchase....

OCEANIC Delta 4/FDX-10 and a Atomic Aquatics B2

What are your thoughts/experiances with each? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

I have a B2 and it works like a dream and is very comfortable. It is a real great breather. I can't imagine that the Oceanic would breath better but since I have never tried it I cannot give a comparison. You won't go wrong with the Atomic.

I have an Atomic B2 as well and love it. Unfortunately I can't compare it against the Oceanic though. Atomic regs have consistently been rated as the best regulators in almost every aspect, especially breathing.

Both are very nice... The big difference between them is the Oceanic is a sealed diaphragm, while the b2 is a piston reg. And the Oceanic has their new DVT (dry valve technology) with is a cool little idea, a piston that seals the 2st stage, even if you don't put the dust cap back on. This will help when DM's on the boat are unhooking your gear to "help you" and pour that half cup of saltwater into the reg... now it can't get in... so that's neat.

Both have a 2nd stage swivel... the B2 seems to move a little smoother, but after they are aired up, you really can't tell much difference in your mouth.

I'd say you'd be happy with either, but you might also be happy with about an extra 200 bucks in your pocket if you go with the Oceanic.

I have the B2, and LOVE it. It's so easy to breath with the B2 that the first time I used it I had to adjust my inhalation effort to keep from sucking up a tank of air in record time. The swivel on the second stage makes the ultra-light second stage even more comfortable, and the mouthpiece is also comfortable. The control knob is nice to have on the surface, and is extremely easy to operate, even with gloves on. Purge is easy and efficient.

I had considered the Z2, because it has the same technology as their other regs, but if I had added the swivel 1st stage, and the swivel for the second stage, the price was too close to bother.

Have read some good reviews on the Oceanic Delta4, but have also heard [all hearsay, I don't know first-hand] that Oceanic has some internal challenges. Might not effect the reg itself, but could make it hard to get parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom