Atom 3 displaying something odd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brewingfisherman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been diving this computer for almost 2 years. No issues. Recently I am having a funny display issue. Everything seems to working just fine. Tried looking around and couldn't find anything about it.

I know its an outdated computer. I am looking at upgrading at the end of the year. Not sure to go with shearwater teric or garmin mk2i yet.

Attachments

• 20201113_090428.jpg
    20201113_090428.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 70
I have been diving this computer for almost 2 years. No issues. Recently I am having a funny display issue. Everything seems to working just fine. Tried looking around and couldn't find anything about it.

I know its an outdated computer. I am looking at upgrading at the end of the year. Not sure to go with shearwater teric or garmin mk2i yet.

@DIVEWATCHDOCTOR may be able to offer an opinion here...

@DIVEWATCHDOCTOR may be able to offer an opinion here...

So I figured it out. It is displaying an away time vs home time. Although the light stopped working. Not sure if its due to water or a bad battery. I have another atom 3 light works. Put the battery in this computer light still doesn't work. I'm just hoping this last me for another 2 months for my upgrade

I have an Oceanic VT3 I've been diving since 2010, 1579 dives, 1622 hours, still working perfectly. You get what you get.

I know. And I changed the battery myself. It is what is. Just wish they still made the computer. It was a great all around computer for my style of diving. But atleast I can afford something nicer soonish

If you installed a new battery in your Oceanic, the computer operates "normally" and you can go through all its menus, change its settings and check the dive log I would continue to use until you can afford the new one. I've seen many dive computers losing their "backlight ability" and still work perfectly. Since you don't have a pressure chamber to test it, on your first dive though, I would stick very close to your dive buddy until you are convinced it displays depth and deco time accurately.

Reactions: OTF
If you installed a new battery in your Oceanic, the computer operates "normally" and you can go through all its menus, change its settings and check the dive log I would continue to use until you can afford the new one. I've seen many dive computers losing their "backlight ability" and still work perfectly. Since you don't have a pressure chamber to test it, on your first dive though, I would stick very close to your dive buddy until you are convinced it displays depth and deco time accurately.

Yeah it's lobster season so I've been using it for shallower dives. And everything checks out next to my buddies computer.

I'm in Miami. I see you are in fort lauderale. I might have some stuff for pressure testing if possible.

Thank you for the insight. I'm thinking the backlight brunt out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom