Atmos PRO vs. Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can not comment on the Atomics, but the Atmos Pro which I have been diving for a year has done fine in a variety of dive conditions. It does have a swivel on the first stage, which is a nice feature.

I was looking at this reg and the atomic z1/z2. I cannot decide between them. Then I started wondering about servicing. I know atomic has the 2 year service interval, but how readily available are parts for atomic regs?(thinking more about vacation destinations and not here in ca) what about the aeris? I've done some searching, but i'm not really finding anything that answers the question. Thanks :)

I think the units you're evaluating are both very good breathers; youre going to have to decide which features and what look you want. Sort of a catch 22; the good news is you have choices, and well, the bad news is you have choices...

I've recently culminated a long evaluation and search for regs, and wound up buying the Atomic B2.

Both of your options are winners.

UJ

I thought about buying the B2 for my first reg but skimped a little. Then spent a year wondering if I should have gotten the B2. Finally, I got the B2. Now I know I should have gotten it the first time :)

Don't forget to consider the Z2 if you're trying to ensure you get an awesome breather in the Atomic family at a good price :)

I have the Atmos Pro. It breathes OK but I was shocked when I breathed off of a 25 year old Mares MR12 reg and it actually breathed better. Of course this was in very shallow water as I've only had the MR12 down to 25'. I have had the Pro in 50 degree 35' water (not exactly a huge challenge for a reg) and it was fine. I've also had it down to 76' in 77 degree water, again not a huge challenge. I think there are better regs out there than the Pro, but it will do the job. If I was choosing between the 2 today, I'd go with the atomic.

I think you can put a swivel on the axis pro...

Here is a pic of my Delta 3 with the Atomic hose/swivel. Bought it from Scuba Toys..Good Luck.

Delta3.jpg

Hey FuzzyMelton
I dive both regulators, so here is a quick comparison of some features and differences.
Atoms Pro - diaphram sealed 1st stage, Dry Value Technology, pneumatically balanced and a great warranty.
This is a good preforming warm water regulator. The DVT can really save you on a dive trip to the Caribbean.
Atomic B2 - Piston Jet Seat 1st stage, swivel turret on 1st stage (Nice), light weight Titanium 2nd stage, automatic flow control and the swivel at the second stage. Warranty does not cover parts.
This regulator really reduces jaw fatigue with the two swivels and the Titanium 2nd stage. It is a more durable regulator when abused (like in a rental line or when loaned to a freind). It will cost a little more to have serviced.

Long story short it is a balance between how long you are going to keep it before you upgrade VS the cost you pay now and of course what feartures fit your type of diving best.

Britt :fish:
:fish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom