Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm with @tridacna, I'm interested in how it works as a dive computer. I would never wear it as a watch, smart or otherwise
It's actually a nice looking watch, which besides ending up as a backup is also something that I was looking for. Though i do realize everyone has different needs/wants.

Temp issue, oh yes I had the same issue. Back then i was just guessing that my bodytemp was warmer hence affected the sensors. LOL
Sorry to hear about the disconnections, my watch was only connected for syncing the logs. I do remember reading about the bluetooth issues on their FB page but not sure if any "resolutions" was posted.
Would definitely suggest writing in through the "Support" channel within the app, maybe with sufficient numbers they may proper overhaul the app itself.

Cant wait to read more about your views on the dive experience. Thanks!

Has anyone dived the Atmos Mission One and could share comments? Make the dive simple. 探索海洋就是這麼簡單

Buhlmann ZH-L16C with 3 presets and custom GFs, rechargeable, color display, digital compass, dive planner, iOS and Android app... Appears to sell for about $400

Alright all...... Here is goes.

1. It is not a bad watch, not great not bad.
2. Screen, is a little dim for my test, even on high back light.
a. my guess is this is done to save battery.
3. Vibration Alarm, not bad, same as Teric.
4. Audio Alarm, Terrible, like the Teric. Has to be 2 inches from my head to hear. OCi/Cobalt Alarms are awesome. (Marines Corps Ear Damage, yes I get a check for that)
a. my quick rant..... if you are one of those people that wants to negatively comment on this, just do not. I do not give a blank on you opinion about audio alarms.
b. sorry for rant, but there are always rude messages to me, when I comment on this.I review everything, not just what you want to hear. :) Pun intended.
5. iOS, no idea. Will never touch an Apple device.
6. Android - well... I can not compare it to iOS, but I can say it connect to my Pixel , but disconnected every time I went into Dive mode or settings. Unit had issues reconnecting after..
a. unit pulled contact, and displays the name of the person whom is texting me.
b. maybe to much, but watch even displayed message for every picture that I took.
c. DC is running Firmware 1.016
d. Android running 10 something. ( not a android fan, better then ios)
7. Interface - Very easy to use, and teach.
a Geo 2 was a great DC, but suck to configure. This is opposite, almost as easy to use as the Atomic Cobalt. (lest hope more reliable then cobalt)
8. Compass, yeah going to have to spend more time on this. Other comments about the calibration are a concern.

And now for the Pictures....... If you want some pictures compared to an OCi, Geo 2, Zoop or Genesis, let me know. EON and Peteral available, but those are different.

Both units are set to Max Brightness.

DC1.jpg DC2.jpg DC4.jpg DC6.jpg DC5.jpg

Good to hear more opinions on this watch:thumb:

Does your backlight stay on while on a dive?

Looks like your compass is out of calibration in those pics. My confusion was that if you go to the compass screen it will always tell you to calibrate and since my compass wasn't as solid as I hoped i thought it needed the calibration......

I did a few dives on it today. I'm typing from my phone so this will be a bit short.

The screen is actually quite nice and seems plenty bright and colorful underwater. I was actually surprised big time by this as it looks way better than on the surface.

The depth readings were always a few feet deeper than all the other computers.
The alarms were loud enough for me to hear (not the best hearing) and the vibration was decent.

The visual alarms like accent rate and safety stop were very clear and easy to read with my hand at full extension.

Trying to use the log after the dive was a pain. It wouldn't sync again so I had to pair again.

After it downloaded the logs it was stuck in metric with no way to change. Surface temps were way off and it doesnt give a way to change that.

It didn't seem to record my gps location even though I checked before I went under water. It also doesnt much as far as being able to add details to the log. Maybe it only does manual gps logging..

So I will stick with subsurface and manually plugging my dives in with this computer.

I'll see if I can get a few underwater pictures tomorrow though it seems other than the good screen all the other bells and whistles are useless currently.

I did a few dives on it today. I'm typing from my phone so this will be a bit short.

The screen is actually quite nice and seems plenty bright and colorful underwater. I was actually surprised big time by this as it looks way better than on the surface.

The depth readings were always a few feet deeper than all the other computers.
The alarms were loud enough for me to hear (not the best hearing) and the vibration was decent.

The visual alarms like accent rate and safety stop were very clear and easy to read with my hand at full extension.

Trying to use the log after the dive was a pain. It wouldn't sync again so I had to pair again.

After it downloaded the logs it was stuck in metric with no way to change. Surface temps were way off and it doesnt give a way to change that.

It didn't seem to record my gps location even though I checked before I went under water. It also doesnt much as far as being able to add details to the log. Maybe it only does manual gps logging..

So I will stick with subsurface and manually plugging my dives in with this computer.

I'll see if I can get a few underwater pictures tomorrow though it seems other than the good screen all the other bells and whistles are useless currently.
+1
I use metric system over here so might not notice much difference on the depth but i would totally agree with the others. Fortunately, I still enjoy logging my dives by hand :D

If you have some time to spare, please do write to atmos .. the more the merrier and hopefully quicker actions.

After putting a few dives on it Im less impressed. The screen still looks better underwater than it does above but I could never capture a decent picture of how it really looks. But it is easy to read and decent brightness underwater. Though more brightness selections would still be very nice.

IMO the screen is the best part of this computer.

The temp gauge which initially was doing better under water seems to always be off by quite a few degrees (I know not a concern for the many). While I know that no computer sensor is 100% accurate on depth, all the ones I had access to were always 3-8 feet shallower (including what I had on my wrist and my secondary depth gauge) than the Atmos. The Atmos is what had the large range as all the other computers and depth gauges seemed to be within 1-2 feet of each other. The accent rate also seemed fairly off at times.

The logging with GPS I am still at a loss. I had been in dive mode and acquired satellite before going under and one time I even saved the site before hand, yet it will still not log my start coordinates or my exit point. There was also no access to any GPS data in the app.

The flip to light up feature is still insanely random and very well might just be broke on mine or it simply is not reliable like a few other things with this watch..

For those interested the smart features are still just a crap shoot. It works for 5 minutes, sometimes 30 or sometimes less than a minute. After a dive, not once would it sync up without disconnecting and then resetting up the connection. Downloading logs took about a minute to two minutes even when only one dive was being updated. The log itself is extremely basic and for my purposes useless and with such little info imported I am unsure why it always took a while.

From a fully charged battery it went down 50% in 4 dives at max brightness.

I have sent feedback and questions to atmos all week and still have yet to get a response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom