Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another happy user, 110 dives on it so far this year, it's been solid to date and I am using it as my main DC.. I don't use the compass function nor the smart features, and I do dislike having to run all logs through their server, even if you just want to pull them off the device (don't go on a liveaboard without data connection!).

I mostly like the dive screen, easily readable underwater. Depth and NDL are larger font than even on the Teric so that is a plus for older eyes.

The new Peregrine gives it a run for the money for pretty much the same feature set if you are not set on a watch form factor just for brand recognition, longevity & service..

Crest CR4 / Deep6 Excursion can also win out if budget was the main factor, that's an awesome goto for the price but marginally smaller font and not quite as readable for these old eyes (I use as a backup)..

dc-side-by-side-tw.jpg

I do dislike having to run all logs through their server, even if you just want to pull them off the device (don't go on a liveaboard without data connection!).

But you can browse them off-line on the computer itself, right? Last liveaboard I went to certainly didn't have data any network connection, but I'd hope that doesn't render the computer entirely useless? :)

But you can browse them off-line on the computer itself, right? Last liveaboard I went to certainly didn't have data any network connection, but I'd hope that doesn't render the computer entirely useless? :)

Yea, without a data connection you can view on the DC. But you cannot get off the DC into your phone.. I did a test, enable BT, but disable data (wifi or cell) for the app.. it will go through the sync process download everything, throw some errors then fail.. with no new dives showing.. I had mentioned to the support guys before.

Done in a backwards way I believe, being an IOT device they sync data to the server without the server connection logs won't sync to your phone.. not a huge issue unless your worried about privacy or they go out of business.

I log in subsurface via the .uddf export, but still need to send to the server first.

Is it possible to transfer logs to a computer using the cable? Or is the cable only usable for firmware updates?

The Atmos app will calculate SAC if you enter tank pressure and volume. But......

The tank volume in the app is limited to 100cubic feet. This is not enough volume for SAC calculation if you're using doubles (or one tank bigger than 100cf....). I emailed the Atmos folks, they responded promptly and said they'd fix it. However, instead of raising the tank volume limit, they raised the tank presure limit in the app to 10,800psi :^). Probably just a translation mixup. While it is possible to do math and get SAC rate this way, updating the app to allow more tank volume would be much easier.

If anyone who monitors this thread reads this and could relay this message in a clearer way than I was able to, I'm sure others would find an update useful as well.

Computer is working great, more than 20 dives on it so far.

I have watched videos on the dive computer and have ready various reviews. Bottom line, is the Atmos Mission One worth buying?

Does anyone know what happens if you miss a deco stop? It does not say in the user's manual. Does it put you into violation gauge mode for a period of time?

Does anyone know what happens if you miss a deco stop? It does not say in the user's manual. Does it put you into violation gauge mode for a period of time?

I have submitted your question to my contact at Atmos. Let you know when they reply.

Ill be interested in the answer. I had mine on during some tech caves and know it must have exceeded limits (because it had no idea that i switched to O2 for deco). But i dont rememberer it ever telling me i died and it wouldn’t work. Lol. I think it just kept saying “too long” and worked as a gauge... but I didn’t pay it close enough attention to be sure..

Edit.. now that i think about it, thats excatly what it did. It continued telling me information but noted that i was past my time and above my ceiling. Never stopped giving me time and depth though. I got it to forgive me by tying it off to a spool and leaving it at the last deco stop, then pulling it in after we had already dried off and packed up.
5960B411-A8F9-427F-B518-4AD97C131243.jpeg

The perfectly flat portion of the profile for the last 30 minutes was when it was tied off to the spool and left at 12’ depth.
Again, it never stopped giving me useful numbers on the screen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom