atlanta based divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raposarose

Reaction score
Hello all,

I may end up moving from California to Atlanta for work eventually and am concerned about the possible demise of my scuba diving life. What do divers in Atlanta do? What are the nearest sites and how often do you go? I am guessing it's Florida and an airplane ride away.

Insights?

Thanks in advance!
Raposa

I used to live in Duluth, GA and didn't think people dove in GA, so I didn't get certified until I moved back to SoCal. I hear they dive at Lake Lanier, which is the largest lake in GA. I went to the lake many times to jetski, but never thought about diving. Thankfully, FL is not too far by plane where you can get in some diving.

I have only dove a lake in AZ and the viz was 8-12'. Not the best, but at least your eyes don't burn when you clear your mask.:D

Enjoy the ATL if you move there.

Raposarose,

Check out the "Lake Lanier Looney Birds" forum . . . :wink:
You can find it in geographic areas forum North America/United States/Deep Dixie Divers/Lake Lanier Looney Birds

the Kraken

There are many opportunities for weekends in northern Florida springs/rivers and long weekends in southern Florida. Also being near a hub airport there are some good deals.

Back
Top Bottom