Athens Scuba Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba:
It was great to meet you and your group at Athens.

It was good to meet you guys as well. I won't be able to make the 19th. I have some family coming in from out of state, so I'll be busy catching up and visiting.

Maybe next time.

Aaron

texdiveguy:
Rick you might give thought to the small lake at Tyler State Park for you and the family....close/shallow/fish/plant life and a nice setting and I would think the water would be not to chilly.

Got a link or something with detailed info? never been there.

Rick, if you decide to go to TSP, post here and we may be able to join you and and your daughter, and show you the main dive areas. I'm a schoolteacher, so summertime is easy for me to get away and TSP is nearby for me. Only $3 entry fee, no air fills, low-medium vis. But there are now 3 training platforms, and frequent local LDS activities out there.

TSP is nicer than Athens, and it won't turn any blondie's hair green like Athens will. My one trip there still reminds me of swimming through Alka-Seltzer...

I was surfing the TX lakes site, water quality, and Stillhouse Hollow Reservoir (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/stillhouse_hollow/) was reported as VERY clear. Any dives made there? Seems the Austin gang would know. :D

EDIT: Never mind...... use the search function, you old fart! I see it's Waco Willie's Lake..... :D or is that Willie Waco's Lake..... hmmmmmmmmm

thanks!

Would you be interested in diving tomorrow (Sunday) at TSP? I'd like to go--I need to get wet before I go to Saba!

Foo:
Rick, if you decide to go to TSP, post here and we may be able to join you and and your daughter, and show you the main dive areas. I'm a schoolteacher, so summertime is easy for me to get away and TSP is nearby for me. Only $3 entry fee, no air fills, low-medium vis. But there are now 3 training platforms, and frequent local LDS activities out there.

TSP is nicer than Athens, and it won't turn any blondie's hair green like Athens will. My one trip there still reminds me of swimming through Alka-Seltzer...

To Tony: Yes. Me and a few friends have dived Stillhouse Hollow a few times. I found it to be an entertaining place to dive if you are just looking for something different. I believe WetWillie dives there quite often and probably has several reports here on the board. If you can get Willie to go with you, he's a great guy and would make a good tour guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom