Athens Scuba Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasquirt:
Go To Clear Springs!!! It Is So Much Better!

We all had a good time at Athens this weekend of course the visibility decreased because they had many classes there. It was not to bad sleeping out in the tent. The train was annoying. The air refills are a rip off! 10.00 per fill is robbery! at seasport scuba you can rent tanks for the entire weekend for 10.00.... I have my own tanks and rented extra instead of paying for airfills and having to go back and forth to the dive shop for air. We had two non-divers (children) with us who had to pay 25.00 per day (same as divers).. We will be going to spend the day back at Athens on July 16th then we will try Clear Springs out on the 17th of July... If anyone goes to Athens bring some Ant granules!!!! the ants are crazy! amazingly there were hardly no mosquitos...

I was there ( Athens ) this past weekend at night, I coudl have sworm the skeeters were going to remove my leg and fly away with it, I'm eat up bad.

FIXXERVI6:
I was there ( Athens ) this past weekend at night, I coudl have sworm the skeeters were going to remove my leg and fly away with it, I'm eat up bad.

Really??? That is strange. We hardly seen any skeeters. The only thing I have is ant bites. Actually we were amazed that we did not have a skeeter problem. Maybe it depends on where you were. We were at Dock 9. We went to bed after our night dive maybe they arrived after 11pm who knows.

goofystan:
We had two non-divers (children) with us who had to pay 25.00 per day (same as divers)..

That is ridiculous. They're already running people off with higher air fill prices, now they're going to charge the same for kids and swimmers as for divers? FWIW, I just checked their website, and it shows $10 for non-divers. Add to that the $5 for camping, and they still overcharged you $10 per child. I believe I'd throw that at them if you go back, and see if they'll stand up and refund the difference. As for me, I'll just continue going to CSSP. Loads of fish, $20 to get in, $5 for air fills if you need them, $10 for non-divers, $5 for camping, and lots more area to cover.

Firefyter, there are a few reasons why I won't go to Athens, one, I think we got ripped off the last time I was there. All in it was like 200 bones for the whole weekend...no bueno! Second, the viz sucked, too many people and not anything living to see...once again, no bueno! 3rd, the woman there gave me an attitude when I questioned her on the price....no bueno at all! Last, but not least...too flipping far to go for so little to see!

Just my two cents!

Axe

goofystan:
Really??? That is strange. We hardly seen any skeeters. The only thing I have is ant bites. Actually we were amazed that we did not have a skeeter problem. Maybe it depends on where you were. We were at Dock 9. We went to bed after our night dive maybe they arrived after 11pm who knows.

Basically, FIXXERVI6 is a mosquito magnent and the reason you didn't notice them is because they were all attacking him.

Axewizard:
Firefyter, there are a few reasons why I won't go to Athens, one, I think we got ripped off the last time I was there. All in it was like 200 bones for the whole weekend...no bueno! Second, the viz sucked, too many people and not anything living to see...once again, no bueno! 3rd, the woman there gave me an attitude when I questioned her on the price....no bueno at all! Last, but not least...too flipping far to go for so little to see!

Just my two cents!

Axe

Now that you say she gave you an attitude I remember when I questioned the price she told me "That's the way it is". Eventually people will have enough and go elsewhere....

They dropped the price of admission and raised the price of air fills.

Shannon is a sweet gal. What do you expect when you start questioning prices? They are posted on their web site and on the entrance form.

The place is for sale, if you can come up with the funds, buy it and you can dive it for free all you want...:wink:

TwoBitTxn:
They dropped the price of admission and raised the price of air fills.

Shannon is a sweet gal. What do you expect when you start questioning prices? They are posted on their web site and on the entrance form.

The place is for sale, if you can come up with the funds, buy it and you can dive it for free all you want...:wink:

So what your just supposed to let them screw you and say nothing? If you read the entire post you will notice that "SHE" your nice girl (lol) charged 25.00 for non-divers. Nobody said we wanted to dive for free. A little defensive are we?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom