At what age did this start happening to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there ever comes a time that I can't pick my gear up and put it in the back of the car then I might stop diving with a double set and/or stages.

I figure the period of time between me stopping "with OC and start RB" diving and me being cremated and my ashes spread into the ocean will be fairly short.

R..
There, I corrected it for you. :wink:

I didn't start diving until I was 61. In the past 3+ years, I have completed My AOW, Nitrox and Rescue Diver certs and have almost 200 dives. My record for a week is 29 dives for a week on Bonaire last summer. Fortunately, this is not just a young man's sport. Now that I have retired, I live to dive.

Really Inspirational

Someone should resurrect this post every 5 years.

See if the divers who have posted about diving respond to see how many from 2011-2012 who said they would never stop diving are still diving.

cheers,

I started diving at 54. The only question I got was "aren't you a little old for that"......

Now. like drl, nobody questions whether I still dive because I find a way to drag it in to every conversation. :D

That was 2011.....

I'm just headed out to catch a plane for 11 days in Cozumel.....still not too old for diving :D

71 this Nov 21st. Still diving.

I have run into a bunch of people I have not seen in years over the last 5 or 6 months and they all end up asking the same question "Do you still dive?". I just turned 55 two days ago. At what age did this start happening to you?

Just got certified at age 59. :D

I first used SCUBA back in 1962 and am 70 years old today. Was diving up until July when a surgeon discovered my cancer had returned. No one ever even suggested I was too old to dive! I have friends in their 80s who still dive. Tell those young whippersnappers to bugger off! My son and I are planning to get me back in the water, perhaps even during my current chemo regime.

Turning 60 in November. Spending my birthday diving in the Sea of Cortez with some friends.
People still ask me “where’s your next dive trip?” (Or “where have you been recently ?”) all the time.
I may give up Great Lakes diving in the next few years; the hassle of dry suits and heavy cold water gear is starting to outweigh the fun. But I’ll keep diving as long as I can!

Turned 70 last month. Tomorrow I am heading to Greenland to dive followed by Northern Labrador and Newfoundland.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom